By Aaronator25 - 17/04/2013 04:07 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, I admitted to my parents that I'm a pathological liar and I would like to go get help. They didn't believe me, and told me stop making stuff up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 156
You deserved it 7 127

Aaronator25 tells us more.

Hey guys this is OP, you probably wont believe me, but hey that'd make me a liar so... Im still trying to convince my parents of this so i can see a professional...

Top comments

So they don't believe the fact that you're a pathological liar... Which means they think it's a lie... Which gives them evidence that you ARE a pathological liar. This like lie-ception!

Sir_ND_Pity 35

We'd like to believe you, OP, but we all know what an incredible liar you are. Wait, what?

Comments

ninjacow123 6

Get help for lying? You loser

Well, it sadly looks like you're on your own to begin with, I'm sure once your parents see that you're being serious and getting professional help, they will support you.

I have to agree with #34. If people believe every lie that comes out of your mouth, then they have to be a little dumb. When I first met my boyfriend I soon found out that he lies a lot about stupid shit. He'll tell a lie, and then after he thinks you believe it he'll tell the truth. He does it for his own entertainment. I hardly believe half the things he says anymore, but I don't think he's a pathological liar.

So your parents think you're lying about lying? Gotta love the irony.

onorexveritas 23

first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, good job op

So tell me again how you don't deserve this?

Because pathological/compulsive lying is not the same as regular lying, it is a disorder. And anyone who recognises that they have a disorder and attempts to seek help deserves to be taken seriously. OP wants and needs help to overcome their problem, what makes you think they DO deserve being dismissed?

Because if its pathological, its almost involuntary you asshat.

kyu_Q 19

OP Is obviously telling you thanks because he/she can't help it. Really Hope you get some help soon OP

Well, bonus points for confusing subtext I guess.