By Beva - 17/01/2013 05:03 - Sweden - Falk?ping

Today, due to technical problems, I had to call the company's IT-support as my computer went totally haywire. I explained via phone that I couldn't access anything. The support then tried contacting me by e-mail and got upset with me when I didn't answer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 070
You deserved it 2 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yup93 7

Tell them you faxed your reply back to them. It's like people have no common sense anymore. Like with the doorbell management people...

Comments

It sounds like your IT help desk is manned by Simon and PFY. Uh oh...

You should fire those dumbass's and hire some IT Expert from the good old Army

the_awesomest_ 6

They shouldn't have gotten upset, but you coulda used another computer or your phone if you can access your email from it. Just saying.

1) It happens if your computer has crappy hardware. It can be normal behavior for your system to lag during normal routine multitasking with many applications as some companies require. I'm sorry you had issues... I voted on both sides for you. 2) Your IT staff are also Dee Dee Dees... but those aren't the "REAL" IT that run the company, those are just the tech support guys that work under the Network and System Admins that did the hard work of building up the enterprise you work with now. 3) If you installed anything, opened any private email or browsed unknown websites, it's your own fault... Totally haywire implies that your computer is behaving abnormally. Your computer would not stop behaving normally within the standard use of most corporate software. Antivirus software, maybe.. yes if its something stupid like Home User AV software... if thats deployed... my condolences.

yesyesnonono 10

"Hello I.T. have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Haha, IT support. Might as well ask your partially sighted great-grandad.

josiemorehouse 12

Sorry to say, OP, but you may kind of deserve it. I work in IT Support, I have for over 13 years. Although I don't know the exact detail of the conversation, your 'computer going haywire' and not letting you open anything is most likely a profile issue or permissions issue that likely would've easily been resolved by rebooting. Like the one poster commented, 4 out of 5 computer problems can be resolved by rebooting. I work for a software/hardware help center, supporting 10,000+ pharmaceutical sales reps? The requirements of a pharma rep are a college degree and they have to be 'gorgeous'. 9 out of 10 of them can't perform simple computer tasks, such as copy/paste, much less realize the simple things that can be done on their own to fix their issues. A lot of users just get too comfortable calling a help desk instead of thinking for themselves. OP, it's possible you may not have explained your issue correctly to the IT tech. Or the IT tech may have been a moron. FYL and YDI, all in one.

SO... How come phone support didn't tell him to try a restart? Seeing as how they are supposed to be the experts and not the user? Not one of your arguments clears support of any blaim in any way. I have worked a lot of IT jobs, starting at a help desk and worked my way up to IT manager, but if there is one thing IT people almost always do is thinking the user thinks like they do. Never assume anything, the first thing IT support should have asked is restart the device. As they did not do this, I will still blaim them for this...