By Beva - 17/01/2013 05:03 - Sweden - Falk?ping

Today, due to technical problems, I had to call the company's IT-support as my computer went totally haywire. I explained via phone that I couldn't access anything. The support then tried contacting me by e-mail and got upset with me when I didn't answer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 068
You deserved it 2 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yup93 7

Tell them you faxed your reply back to them. It's like people have no common sense anymore. Like with the doorbell management people...

Comments

I believe it's called a phone or tablet?

Or this mystical thing known as a library.

Or, since it was his work computer that wasn't working, he could be home now on his personal one

RedPillSucks 31

Erm.... "computer went totally haywire" So, probably not.

Yeh, iv found out the people seeking help for computer or internet things are more and know more than the people trying to help you..

I find that very hard to believe. Then again, perhaps you work with an exceptionally bright group of people, that do more that shift their own problems elsewhere. But hey- if you know more than the support team, then you clearly don't need to waste their time on something you can fix yourself :)

RedPillSucks 31

This typically happens when the "support" team is working from scripts. Present any problem that deviates from the scripts and you're screwed. scripting support is like knowledge database support. It's really cheap for the company as long as your problem matches something found in the knowledge base, or in the support scripts.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I think 22 was being hilarious there. Was that the plan 22? Cite the cliche?

perdix 29

My guess is that he's quoting Roy from "The IT Crowd." If 22 used an Irish accent, that would've been the tip-off.

Folks? I have a huge sign in my office. "When in doubt, Reboot" 4 of the 5 problems of the folks walking through my office door are solved by this simple answer. Don't mock it. It's utterly amazing how many people don't think of doing this simple thing. Really.

It was a little silly of them, but don't you ever make mistakes at work? Maybe they got mixed up with someone else's problem.... And in the end, they're the ones that will fix whatever you did to your computer, so show some patience...

May be he assumed you had work email on your phone?

Please tell me you at least tried rebooting?

Dont you just LOVE those super smart IT techs? lol. Sorry, I know how frustrating that is!