By fml0505 - 09/05/2013 06:49 - United States

Today, as with every day, I had to endure my roommate talking to his wife in a baby voice. This is a grown man, who has had a beard since junior high, who literally talks to her like you would a puppy or a baby. Someone kill me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 894
You deserved it 7 752

fml0505 tells us more.

This is the OP! I live with a married couple because they are old friends of mine, the rent is cheap, and it helps them out with the bills as well. It's really not that bad, we get along really well. The baby talk just gets old when you hear it all the time ya know? I don't even think he realizes he's doing it at this point, and I don't want to get in the middle of their marriage. I'll just keep quiet, drown it out with manly music, and vent on FML! # 2 I will be long gone before they have a real baby. # 17 I am indeed very jealous of his beard. Also, they are not newly weds. And to clear things up, all three of us are roommates. He's not living with me instead of his wife like some of you thought. That is all.

Comments

My dad used to talk like that all the time... I held an intervention lol

Me and my boyfriend sometimes do this, but not in front of other people. I don't see why people think it's such a horrible thing though. Can anyone explain?

Gladly! In a nutshell, babytalking can be used as a crutch to avoid having serious conversations with people. I'll add that it can also kill a boner almost instantly if you're not careful.

Thank you! :) Well, in my case: babytalking is never used in serious conversations, which is something me and my boyfriend don't avoid. We might use it when one of us suddely gets annoyed at another for no reason, just to calm the other person down, but if it's an actual problem and not a bad-mood-thing, we will later talk about it seriously. We can sometimes use babytalking to get ourselves in a cozy mood, but if it turns into a sexy mood, no babytalking from there! :P Oh, and I'm pretty sure we don't have any silly words either, it's just a voice/pronounciation thing :]

All checks out #72. You're free to continue babytalking responsibly.

I feel for you, OP. Maybe you should start giving him baby objects since he likes to talk like a baby.

sugarshane007 20

Aww does da wittle bitty baby daby luvy duvy talk bother you Mister sour pants? You gotta just cheer up and find a way to cuddle wuddle and bear it Mister sour pants. They are just being sweetie deety to each other so there luvy duvy won't go buh-bye while he's gone gone. Once they get together weather, she can open wide wide wide and here comes the choo-choo, so she can swallow like a good wittle dittle luvy duvy angel.

Exactly. If it was annoying to read then think how obnoxious it would be to be listening to someone talk like that.

And all the time, from the sound of it. I think I'd either go mad or end up smacking him :/

You're living with a married couple, you can't do much. What you can do, though, is tell him to restrict it to when you're not in the area? Some apartments have paper thin walls, so I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but it's worth a try.

AnnaMariaMc 8

Two things. First I hate being talked to as if I were a baby. I find it to be demeaning. Second, why are you living with a married couple? Move out sweetie!

I think you should start baby-talking to both of them. Before you go to bed tonight - "sweet dweamy weamies to my most favouwitest woomies!!" Then insist on a group hug. If that doesn't work write them a nice letter pointing out their good points and then at the end subtly mention that you feel a bit uncomfortable with how they interact with each other in front of you.

Op only mentioned his roommate doing it. Might annoy her too. I could be wrong though.

They're married? Why do you still live with them?