By prick - 30/10/2015 21:53 - United States - Dover

Today, as I rung up a customer's groceries, he gave me a pitying look and said I'd have a "real job" if I'd only studied harder. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 955
You deserved it 2 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We need people for all kinds of jobs, even the ones that require no special education. Judging peoples value based on their job is such bs.

Comments

LunaJoyce86 15

People say stuff like that all the time. read any post on Notalwaysright and you will see it happens more often than you realize.

redheadedmonster 24

Op there's no doubt you have a real job. I consider any job that deals with assholes daily and your bosses expect to keep your cool and be nice a real job. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy. Try to ignore people like that and know they probably couldn't do it themselves.

TomeDr 24

Having ANY job is a blessing! Workers are needed for all areas and what might be drudgery for one will be an enjoyable experience for another. That guy was a total jerk. Don't let anyone put you down for earning a living.

nitemastr15 17

I hate people like that. Especially the one who think they're better and then can't work the Pinpad.

I used to work in retail, and I could not STAND people that assume that you must be stupid or uneducated because of the job you have. Maybe this guy should have studied harder in school so he could understand that even if everyone in the world had a PhD, someone would still have to work at the grocery store...

i work as a cashier/customer service rep for an international company that makes millions, if not billions in revenue. people like this piss me off. you think i want to work here, for a company that is trying to perfect their self checks to replace me? half of us cashiers are here just to pay our way through school. its hard working customer service, it takes a special kind of person to uphold professionalism in a place like this. something i highly doubt a person like himself could. making it in this world is not all about how smart a peice of paper says you are. if he had an actual personality, he'd know that.

And you are doing this to pay for school right?

Why is this guy getting downvotes for asking a question.

And how does he know you're not doing this job as a temporary measure while getting through post-secondary education? Moron.