By Suprise - 17/08/2013 04:38 - United States

Today, as I returned home, I noticed some movement inside my house. Thinking it was a break-in, I called 911. It was my friends and some coworkers trying to throw me a surprise birthday party. Nobody's said a word to me since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 077
You deserved it 8 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Eh - Screw them if they can't realize the completely logical reaction you had to noticing suspicious movement within your own home. You made the right decision.

Comments

They didn't think of that eventuality. They should have. If I saw humanoid shapes moving about in my place I wouldn't want to just go in and be 'surprised' (by a gun pointed at my head possibly).

This is why someone goes with the birthday boy or girl during this kind of thing. To keep them busy and keep them from flipping out like this.

Perdition25 12

You're one of the idiots that votes on YDI for everything I am guessing.

Not on everything, but if you post something on FML you have to be prepared to get judged. Everyone has different views on how people react in these forums, and I believe that the OP should've at least looked through a window first. And I believe that your assumption of my idiocy is very misguided.

thatgirlincali 13

**** their life for not having better planning skills.

Well, some people don't call the cops. I for example carry a sidearm. There would be a real chance someone could get shot...

crazytwinsmom 25

I'm guessing you don't have surprise parties thrown for you since your friends would probably be thinking about that possibility.

150493x 29

You wouldn't have known, OP. I'm hoping they realise that what you did was sensible and logical.

Bow did they get into your house? They should have thrown it somewhere ekse. Not in your own house.

That's bullshit that they haven't spoken to you. They should all apologize and laugh it off. And maybe you should write/text/email them and say thank you for the sentiment but I was scared and didn't mean to ruin it. Lets all get together and try it again.

It's not your fault. I would have freaked too. The people who say you deserve it are douchebags.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Annnndddd..OP that's why they call it a surprise party for a reason.