By Alex - 08/05/2016 19:12 - United States

Today, after spending $120 to have a bouquet of flowers delivered to my mom, she called to complain that I had forgotten about her for Mother's day, but also praise my sister for apparently receiving my flowers I sent at the door and passing them off as hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 678
You deserved it 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

do you have a receipt or an email confirming that you bought the flowers? if you do, show that to her.

Push your sister in front of the karma bus.... Only 1 of you will have a receipt.... Call her ass out on it, I front of your mother... Your sister sounds like a real ************

Comments

corky1992 33

Hope you kept the receipt to prove it was from you

And then you cleared it all up by telling her YOU sent the flowers, showing her the receipt if you have to. There, problem solved. Now your mom knows you love her and that your sister is a liar.

Aya_rose 5

Tell your mom you bought them and show her the receipt. Problem solved. Shame on the sister.

I'd sent her a copy of the bill for the flowers and just comment "really?" on it. See what the both of them have to say after that.

Cody1187 3
nameisname 12

If you bought them online then You would have a receipt and email if you deleted it then you deserve it

orangejubejube 20

Next time try a fruit basket - they're more delicious! Also, maybe call her earlier in the day (before the drop off time) asking if she's received a delivery yet, it will hint that she should expect something from you :)

AlexTehGrate 2

OP here. I did clear everything up and told her the truth. I was really excited to get a happy phone call from my mom about how she loved my gift. But I was put down with that instead. In the end my sister (who had no job to even pay for flowers) didn't get in trouble. And my mom didn't even bother to thank me. Instead she decided to get upset with me for not coming to see her on Mother's day.. although I live over 800 miles away. Nothing I do pleases anyone.

no, you can't please her. it's impossible. if you went to see without gift. she will be angry for not bringing anything. if you bought her gift and went to see her, she will scold you for spending too much money. I totally understand you.