By eyerollplease - 30/04/2017 22:00

Today, after recently celebrating our third wedding anniversary, my husband and I watched my mom and his dad say, "I do." I'm now married to my step-brother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 696
You deserved it 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PenguinPal3017 19

At least you're not your own grandpa.

There isn't enough therapy and booze in the world to make that right.

Comments

You're not blood related and you were married first. You'll survive.

Taylor Caldwell 10

I hope that your boyfriends/husbands dad never starts dating your mom. It becomes a lot more complicated than you can imagine and a lot of couples divorce/break up under that pressure.

I honestly don't see the problem, love wins. You're both adults so the whole stepbrother and sister definition hardly flies. Besides, you were married and thus family before you and your husband became "related". I assume they're past fertile age so no awkward half-sibling situation in sight either. I'd be happy for them. Major time saver over holidays too.

Don't get to caught up in the labels. Everyone has someone to love and you're all adults.

That's got to be a mind ****. At least in-law visits are done in one!

You guys were married first, so not a problem a bit strange now but you will live.

Do you live in Georgia, by any chance?

Goblin182 26

I want to say I resent this comment. But I know a couple that this happened to, and I live in Georgia.

Is that legal? Like are you and your husband going to have to get divorced now?

mariri9206 32

Why should she have to divorce her husband just because their parents decided to be selfish, start a relationship, and get married AFTER OP and her husband had been in a relationship for a while and already married for three years? Also, no one can force them to get divorced or absolve them of their marriage against their will or wishes. And, while it's unorthodox, it's not that weird because they didn't grow up together, didn't have a childhood together, never had a brother-sister type relationship, and they don't share any blood or DNA. But, in this situation, if ANYONE should have to have a marriage dissolution and end a relationship, it should be her mom and his dad, not them.

NO that's not what I meant...I genuinely didn't know if it was legal or not. I'm really sorry if I offended anyone. Obviously the parents were selfish enough to get married in the first place so I didn't know if they would be forced to be divorced by law

Why in hell would it be illegal? Even if it was, the most that would happen would be their parents divorcing, and even that wouldn't happen because if it was illegal they wouldn't have been able to marry in the first place. What happened is, two unrelated people got married. Then two other unrelated people got married. It just so happened that the second couple was related to the first couple. There's no blood relations getting married at all, and nobody related by adoption either. There's nothing illegal or gross or immoral about this whatsoever. It's just two couples that got married, resulting in an unfortunate family arrangement.

Hiimacat 0

It happened in Clueless and that's a super famous movie, so it can't be THAT frowned upon