By Anonymous - 12/02/2012 04:25 - United States

Today, after parking my car, I was informed by an incredibly hot girl that my tail light was faulty. I tried hitting it to make it work again. Guess who has 5 stitches and a smashed tail light? FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 776
You deserved it 36 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try not being a typical douchebag by trying to "hit it" and stick with saying thank you. Then maybe you won't look quite so pathetic. ;)

MetalxSoldier 26

I guess thats the only tail you're gonna smash tonight!

Comments

" This tail light doesn't work. Maybe if I just smash it into itty bitty pieces..."

musicluvr2000 11

Umm ever heard of violence not solving any problems?

Obviously, with the hot girl standing in front of OP, the blood had just left his brain and he was unable to think clearly. His mind was saying "hit it" and his body responded the wrong way

*facepalm* Hitting the thing to make it work doesn't apply to tail lights. If you had any basic knowledge of cars, this would have been obvious. Even if hitting it did work, you would probably have made a better impression if you knew how to fix it the right way - replace the bulb. If she takes her car to a shop since she doesn't know how to replace it herself, she'll be impressed by your manly mechanical skills. Who knows, she might even invite you to show her how or call you to help when her bulbs go out. ^_- If she does know how to replace the bulb, you won't look like an idiot for thinking hitting it will work. Moral: get on the internet and find out how to replace it. Huzzah! Problem solved. I'm calling YDI for attempting something you don't know how to fix in order to look good in front of a girl. These things can go quite wrong. Hopefully a lesson has been learned?

bubo_fml 10

"Thanks for the tip, Sweetheart! I can see your tail light's in fine working order!" "Thanks for the tip, Sweetie! Let's go get a drink & send each other some more signals!" "Sorry my tail light's faulty darlin', would you mind flashing me yours?". Work on the game, Bro...Stitches heal, but opportunity rarely knocks twice!

Actually if the wiring is slightly loose hitting it softly could cause the circuit to be completed. Its a temporary solution but also the only solution where hitting it could work.

What would hitting it do? The only thing you accomplished by doing that, is making yourself look like a D-bag.

jillybean555 5

Hitting a tail light won't fix a burnt bulb! You should try common sense one day

Just because it's out doesn't mean it's burnt out. Sometimes the wiring can be loose, in which case hitting it lightly will fix it temporarily. Although you don't have to hit it nearly hard enough to smash it and gash your hand, so yeah a little common sense goes a long way.

Life sucks when you try to be a show off