By DebitDebacle - 15/07/2018 19:00

Today, after my bank sent me a new card because the old one had been compromised, I woke up to find that it's already been used to start an Amazon Prime account and order several movies. The card to replace a compromised card has been compromised. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 101
You deserved it 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How long did you have your new card for before it was compromised? Either you're really unlucky, and are one of a indeterminate number of people who has been hacked, or you're being specifically targeted because you have yet to deal with the flaw that left you vulnerable the first time. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if a friend/relative has done it as a "prank". Whatever it was, beef up your internet security before registering your next card.

CerealBro1 13

Do you live with anyone? Unless you used your card somewhere really shady the night you got it, there’s no realistic way this could have happened without someone you live with using the card

Comments

Justine Malang 16

I've heard times where people notice a very subtle slit on the mail containing credit cards. That way when you activate it, they already have the information they need to use it.

Mungolikecandy 19

On the bright side an Amazon account would be linked to an address.

Well while you're at it you could enjoy some free prime videos to deal with the emotional damage.

Time to check your computer for malware such as keyloggers and change all your passwords. OR your married with children.

They’re called RFID blocking covers. Get them.

This sounds like a scene from a Mel Brooks movie.

Been there done that it's a family member. In my case a asshole boyfriend. X- boyfriend now though.