Christmas is canceled

By Virginia6810 - 14/10/2019 02:00

Today, I got an email that my Amazon account was probably hacked, and they have gone ahead and canceled all orders that seemed suspicious. Two days ago I was celebrating that I'd finished Christmas shopping early. Never mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 766
You deserved it 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay, so you'll spend what, another 10 minutes max reordering? Worst is items that are shipped to friends, that maybe adds another few minutes. Your shopping is still technically done, you just need to order again!

The AI figured out that your gifts suck and rather than deal with all of the returns, Amazon decided to spare you the embarrassment. No one wants kitty sweaters, Karen!

Comments

The AI figured out that your gifts suck and rather than deal with all of the returns, Amazon decided to spare you the embarrassment. No one wants kitty sweaters, Karen!

I’d take a kitty sweater. But I’m also a crazy cat lady.

But the ones Karen selected weren't cute kitties. They were kittens wearing clown make-up carrying bloody knives, axes and chainsaws. You still want one?

I'd better learn to knit because it looks like I could kick ass on Etsy!

Leviathene 34

Please do, I'd 100% buy one.

I just found a Christmas sweater covered with cats at a thrift store ... I made my husband buy me it so I can wear it throughout December! 😸 <--- also a crazy cat lady! have 5 and soon possibly 6 as we are trying to catch the stray we have been feeding. 😻😻😻😻😻😻 I need some everyday cat sweaters so get to knitting, Richard!!

Okay, so you'll spend what, another 10 minutes max reordering? Worst is items that are shipped to friends, that maybe adds another few minutes. Your shopping is still technically done, you just need to order again!

I hope it was a real notification and not a fake one. I get scam fishing notices supposedly from Amazon all the time.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

You call tjis early!! I do mine on boxing day for the following year

Mathalamus 24

If you don't normally order mass amounts of stuff, that will trip amazon. YDI.

Can’t you email them and tell them it wasn’t hacked? Sorry, it does sound like it really sucks but at the same time it just doesn’t seem the complicated.

Can you not just get in touch with Amazon and let them know it wasn't a hack and you're just painfully organised? Worst case scenario you have to place the order again but that'll take what, 5-10 minutes? Everything is already in your history just wack it back in your basket and go again. Hardly going to affect the delivery times. On another note; I'm all for buying something if you see it and think it's perfect but it's October! Far too early to be purposefully Christmas shopping! Besides, Halloween is next!

It’s adorable that several of you think it’s easy peasy. I will spare the details because I’m sure there are plenty of people that think it’s as easy as A B or C. I’ve been on the phone with Amazon for hours about a whole new issue that I’ve had since this post. They’ve handed my case to people higher up on their team. I’m serving in Germany and really needed this head start. Fingers crossed IT gets this fixed soon for me and my family. There is a coding issue with my Amazon account and I can’t purchase anything on Amazon until it’s fixed. (These presents are for my kids.)

You can always make a new account and re-order everything. If you're over a certain amount it's free shipping anyways. Can do it while you wait for your original account to come back up. :) I've done multiple accounts for amazing deals that are only 1 per account (When I need two for both of my kids..)

This. Thank you for that idea! I only thought about it but after you suggested it with your own experience, I’ll do it. Our account was once again frozen due to suspicious activity. This is what I get for trying to be ahead of it.

Yeesh, really? Amazon is dropping the ball. Did you try with a different card as well? I'm sorry. :(

That sucks. I had something similar happen once, I was issued a pay card by my employer for my paychecks. The first day I went to use it they issued a fraud alert. The red flag was that I hadn't used it prior to my first payday you know before there was any actual money on it.