By fmlsheffgirl - 25/07/2016 11:52 - United Kingdom - Sheffield

Today, after months of putting up with it, I finally asked my manager not to put me on shifts with this old guy who is racist, sexist and lazy. This was how I found out that he died over the weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 651
You deserved it 1 739

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

Not that I ever delight in the death of anyone, but at least you won't have to work in an environment where you feel uncomfortable anymore. Chin up, OP, no way you could have known!

Comments

You didn't kill him and you don't have to work with him.

I don't think OP wanted him dead, she just didn't want to work with the old coot anymore. And given that she could claim a hostile work environment dealing with the guy, she was well within her rights to ask that they not work together. It's just bad timing that he died the weekend before she asked.

I know there's a bit of a taboo against speaking ill of the dead, but his passing didn't change how he acted in life. You simply wished not to work with him. You neither wished him dead, nor killed him, so while the situation may have been a bit awkward, there's no real reason for you to feel bad.

Budda39 2

Sounds like the glitch was fixed!

Yeah, i wouldn't want to work with an old guy, either

you really deserved a break from this guy. So I guess that must have been good news ...

Did you pray for the work environment to end? Because that's how this stuff happens.

i hope he really was, and your not one of those nutjob over-exaggerated BLM or feminist people