By BerzerkelyBongBabe - 23/08/2011 21:55 - United States

Today, after 18 years of struggling to provide my daughter with the finest educational opportunities I could afford, I dropped her off to start school at the best public university in the U.S. So far the only thing she's learned is what weed smells like. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 304
You deserved it 6 259

Same thing different taste

Comments

AFuckinCrocodile 6

Well **** your life,should have adopted an asian.... let the angry anti racist replies begin lol

If she just started, there hasn't been much time to learn anything. Chill out, once the teachers are done going over the syllabus and introductions, she will start learning. You are being very over dramatic.

Damm, give her some time to learn stuff; you only dropped her off today.

I bet the person who posted this fml Is one of those parents who beats their kid for getting an A-. They seriously think their life is so damn hard because Their kid goes to college for ONE day and hadn't learned anything? Good grief. I'm guessing this person didn't go To college if they really believe their kid would be learning a lot in just one day. It's rare especially in freshman courses to dive straight into work on the first day.

I think the word you are looking for my friend is 'Asian'.

thesunsetglow_fml 8

Since all FMLs begin with "today" I think it's safe to say that the OP didn't drop their daughter off, drive home then scream in rage at the lack of knowledge. And it's possible this occured last year, or while school was in session. Just because it's posted today doesn't mean it happened today. Sometimes when my mom says "yesterday" or "the other day" she doesn't literally mean the day that immediately passed. Just saying. Hate to be the voice of reason here.

Well, considering the FML was posted right around the time most college kids move in, I'd say your logic is flawed.

mattbrady2011 0
BIEBERSLAYER 10

She's learning personal enlightenment inside that cloud of smoke. It's nothing to take lightly.

enonymous 8

She's studying vegetation and the local flora as this years minor. Next year she will be studying physics while doing a keg stand and figure how much volume of beer and frat boy sausage she can consume

Sunny_Eclipse 6

spending a lot of money on an education doesn't guarantee your kid wants to learn

sens_fml 1

Screw the university, it's California babe !!!

You don't have to smoke to know what weed smells like... But, If you don't want her to party then why did you send her away to college? That's not to say EVERYONE parties in college.. But really, the majority do. Kids are taking advantage of the freedom.

That depends on the school. And it really isn't the difference between public and private school - I went to a public college (GA Tech) and the only people who spent most of their time partying were the sorority/feat people. I get sorta sick of the media/movies portraying all college experiences as students drinking, slutting it up, and living like slobs. Some of us don't do that shit (save for a party here or there or hanging out with friends) because SURPRISE! We're paying money to actually learn.

You're paying money for a piece of paper. College doesn't really teach you anything you couldn't have learned on your own but for much cheaper.

It might be harder to learn aeronautical engineering on your own. Not that you can't do anything you put your mind to...but I'd prefer the guy working on my plane be formally trained. ._.

ReynshineCutting 10

That piece of paper is worth a helluva lot of money though. Sure I could have learned how to artificially inseminate mares on my own or freeze semen with liquid nitrogen, but that piece of paper shows clients I know what the hell I'm doing and will get me a much better job. Not to mention, I wouldn't want to go to the doctor and find out he learned it all on his own.

QueenQuay77 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That makes a lot of sense. You say weed is awesome, but OPs daughter smelling it is not? What exactly is "happening" to her?

QueenQuay77 10

let me explain myself, since her daughter wasn't brought up not in the hood and had potential to make something of herself and then all she gonna do is smoke weed, dats very bad. but since I was the opposite, weed was my scapegoat, it help me forget about my problems so it's awesome for me. as for her daughter she just fell into peer pressure which is very bad especially at her age.