By Candy girl - 20/08/2017 01:30 - Denmark

Today, while waiting in line at the supermarket, a mother told me to be considerate and not buy the candy I was paying for, because it made her screaming toddler jealous. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 251
You deserved it 239

Top comments

“Maybe you shouldn’t be shopping if you can’t ‘control your beast’.”

I wonder if some of these parents realised they would turn in to utter cretins after they spawned or if they were cretins before the children?

Comments

I wonder if some of these parents realised they would turn in to utter cretins after they spawned or if they were cretins before the children?

LeoCor 19

Buy more candy, look at her and say "You choose to have the child so she is your responsibility. If she grew up to be selfish then she is just like her mother."

“Maybe you shouldn’t be shopping if you can’t ‘control your beast’.”

This is when you eat the candy in front of the toddler. (I have a toddler and I still have no patience for this stuff)

I would've looked at her like she's crazy - because she is - and grabbed another candy bar. Who cares if I don't want it right now, I'll stick it in the cupboard for later. Screw that lady.

Hellblazer_Sith 25

I would have bought more and open one in front of the mother and eat it. In the end you aren't the parent and it's none of your concern. Don't know why people think they can tell others what to do with their own money.

Well, that takes chutzpah on the part of the mom. Guess her special snowflake will just have to deal with someone buying candy in front of her kid.

my_way_1213 12

isn't that the whole issue with the world right now? everyone thinks it's crazy because this is over a candy bar, but it's actually much deeper than that

Stare at the child, and keep piling on candy to your pile. It's more money than what you wanted to spend, but the look on the child's face as you do this is priceless