By bananamontana85 - 17/02/2013 10:20 - United Kingdom - Wigan

Today, a guy wolf-whistled me as I walked to the shop wearing comfy joggers, no makeup and my hair scraped back. Feeling rather pleased about it, I told my best friend and my fiancé. Their unanimous conclusion: the guy must have been drunk or taking hallucinogenic drugs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 808
You deserved it 4 421

bananamontana85 tells us more.

To be fair, my Fiance and friend were just giving me a bit of joky banter. Obviously I wouldn't want to marry the guy if he couldn't stand the sight of me without make-up! As for the guy who wolf-whistled me... good for him, I hope I made his day. Fair enough if people get offended by it, but I don't :)

Top comments

that sucks, especially coming from your fiance. they should always think you're beautiful!

Your best friend and fiancé are idiots! They're completely wrong. What the hell are they thinking? The guy was obviously whistling at the hotty behind you.

Comments

Does this mean that your fiancé has to be drunk or ****** up on hallucinogenics in order to find you attractive as well? Sheesh, what a prick to say something like that to his own fiancé.

graphicstyle7 17

That... could be one of two things. Either they were ribbing you. Or... are you a person who generally has high self-esteem, or low self-esteem? Back when I had low esteem for myself, I had "friends" and "boyfriends" like that. I thought I was ugly, they told me so, after all, and I loved them and trusted their judgement. But guess what? THEY WERE WRONG! They hung out with me because they liked thinking they were better than me. They liked putting me down "for my own good" because they never saw the potential in me. I am going to be married in a few weeks to a man who would not be at all surprised if I got a wolf-whistle. He lets me know I am beautiful every day. Your fiancee thinking and saying that IS A REALLY BAD SIGN. I would think again about getting hitched to that. As for your "best friend" they are having a lot of fun tearing you down and building themselves up with it. Dump them both.

jem970 19

Thank you so much for posting this! I was in the exact same situation. I had friends and Bf's that called me ugly and fat for years and I believed them. I have a totally wrecked self esteem now but the man I am with tells me I am beautiful everyday and that he loves me. I still have issues but he is helping me get over them. I am glad you found your fiance! Every girl needs to feel beautiful because she is.

It was literally just a bit of joky banter. Neither of them would ever say anything like that to me if they thought I would remotely take it to heart. As it happens I know I'm alright looking and I don't really have any security issues. I guess we have a relationship that a lot of people don't understand, but rest assured, I give as good as I get ;)

Sandman1917 5

I think that a woman is sweats can be hot. Natural beauty is far better than fake beauty cover up with makeup. Just be proud in yourself and screw what anyone else has to say.

Your fiancé is crazy. I know I take every opportunity to complement my girl, and that was a perfect opportunity

>I know I take every opportunity to complement my girl How does this work? When she does something do you do the exact opposite? Doesn't that get paradoxical at times? Like, if she were to say "you are everything to me" then you'd have to reply "you are nothing to me" in order to be properly complementary, but the set of everything also contains the empty set in order to be complete, so you've painted yourself into a paradoxical corner of nonexistence. I've heard that opposites attract, but never that complements attract. How do you make that relationship work?

I think that was DropBearMeat's garrulous way of saying: compliment*

Epikouros 31

Comfy joggers, lack of makeup and tied-back hair don't make your boobs or your butt disappear, do they? All three of you seem rather confused about how the male mind works.

from your fiance? that's terrible! Good for you, though. I've gotten a few compliments at the gym in no makeup and sweaty, and those are my favorite.

Axel5238 29

Good for the OP on this one. A lot of girls look great without make up, most tend to over do when it comes to applying make up.

Jealousy at its finest..learn to recognize it..then you'll be laughing to yourself alot more often..f them.