By tailgaterhater - 17/08/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, a girl was tailgating me, even though I was going at speed limit. Annoyed, I drove 10 mph under the speed limit, and every time she honked, I went 5 mph slower. Too bad she got the last laugh… I was pulled over for "reckless driving." FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 994
You deserved it 47 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Always keep in mind you get ticketed for going too much under the speed limit. Yup, your fault.

You don't police the roads. You were probably some ass cruising in the passing lane. If someone's annoying you, just let them pass so both of you can get on with your lives.

Comments

Kristoffer 35

I call bullshit. Slowing down is the proper response to being tailgated. Therefore, this didn't happen and you're a goddamn liar.

It doesnt matter what the situation is, we all have to share the road. Doesnt matter if she was in a hurry, she should have passed. OP, however, people like you piss me off to no end. If the road is clear of ice, snow, and debris, there is no reason to not drive the speed limit. I speed, I admit it, but I dont tailgate. I either pass or slow down if I cant pass. OP, drive limit, let her pass. If there is a large amount of cars behind you, pull over and let them go. Its not a difficult concept. If Im being tailgated (rarely happens), I tap the breaks a few times, but I dont slow down just to piss people off, thats just rude.

brilliantbarbie 0

and what is the argument here that tailgateing is any less rude than slamming on your breaks because someone is tailgateing?? I just don't get how people on here dont see that tailgateing someone going the speedlimit is inconsiderate and annoying, and tailgaters are bullies on the road which create a hostile environment in themselves. Right... the guy behind me honking and screaming and swerving is any less obnoxious than the person actually doing the speed limit.... which OP SAID was what happened.

Ok, it says you live in Washington. I'm very curious how you got your license as they teach you this very same thing in Driver's Ed. I'm in it right now, I should know. They never taught you to ignore the impatient people behind you who have a fetish with your bumper? I'm glad you got a ticket. What you were doing was bone-headed and dangerous.

winemysavior 4

i hate tailgaters! im surprised you're not from NJ (my state) where most of the tail gaters are! Even if i'm going 85mph there will still be a fricken tail gater on my ass but ive done the same as you and gone slower to piss them off. usually it works considering we're already going fast, but in your case...that sucks. that is reckless driving though, u shouldve just kept at the speed limit instead of going slower (u were already going slow)

perfectwinds 0

I would have done the same thing. I hate when people tailgate, especially if you're going the speed limit or over. I've had people tailgate me while I'm going 10 over and I just start doing the speed limit then slow down. I freakin' hate people.

As someone that owns all the roads your actions were appropriate.

If you were driving in the passing lane and refused to move over when the car came up behind you, then YDI in spades. Too many people don't understand the concept of slower traffic keeping to the right (or whatever lane is it based on what side of the road you drive on), or think "I'm driving the limit, I can drive in whatever lane I want". These are the people that slow down traffic for miles because they don't see a problem with matching speeds with the car in the lane(s) next to them and blocking anyone from passing them. If it was a single lane road, then you still deserved it for driving illegally below the speed limit. If you want to slow down within the legal limits or tap your brake lights, that's one thing, but what you did was stupid, illegal, and dangerous.

hobopatz 0

so many people here are complete idiots. obviously if it were a two lane road the girl would have passed the OP one way or another since she was honking. on a one lane road, it is illegal to pass if the line is solid yellow, and impossible a lot of the time because of the traffic in the opposite lane. anyway, to the OP, YDI sooo much. i hate people that go slower and slower just because they don't like being tailgated. it's like the child who throws a tantrum when they're 10. just go the speed limit, that pisses people off enough. no reason to be a complete dick.

Hey, I do the same thing. But when I'm going faster. I never do the speed limit. It's always too slow D: but people that tailgate piss me off. >:(

Redneck325Ci 0

To the people saying they hate people that drive too slow, he said he was going the SPEED LIMIT. Therefore if you're a tail-gaiting douche bag, I'm going to lock the brakes and you're going to buy me a new car. Even if you pass I'll just get your plate # and report it..because I'm just THAT much of an asshole. I love people like me. :-)