By copper - 30/01/2011 02:20 - United States

Today, a cop pulled me over because there was a sign hidden behind a tree that said "No left turn". As I was getting my ticket, I watched as three cars turned left. The cop saw them, laughed, and said, "I guess you're the unlucky one." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 932
You deserved it 3 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

Yeah thats just how cops are, thats why you always have to be careful no matter what. I got a speeding ticket last week because my car stood out from everyone elses going the same speed as me.

Gomerfied 7

Make sure you take a picture of the sign and fight that in court.....do it soon before they have a chance to trim the tree.

Comments

omg that sucks :| I woulda been like SERIOUSLY ?!?

afiresword 0

cops just suck. In todays recession and with the 250 strong PD in my town, people get pulled over for stupid things. In your case, the cops an a**hole.

sallen0046 4

How exactly is the cop an asshole for ticketing someone who made an illegal turn? It's not the cops fault the sign is obstructed. If they made exceptions for everyone that claimed they couldn't see a sign they'd never be able to punish anyone who willfully disregarded them.

I_R_Genius 3

#25, You're a dumbass and so is the cop. The three other cars made an illegal turn and they didn't get pulled over. That my friend is called "abuse of power." It would only suck if OP is black.

They only didn't get pulled over because the cop was already busy writing the ticket. They can not just jump and grab everyone. If people didnt complain about An increase in the police budgets all the time than there would be more cops out there to catch everyone breaking the law.

my response if a cop ever said that. "i dont even know.. just give me the ticket"

I forgot we had X-Ray vision. Dispute it in court. it's worth it.

atomicJ 0

Take the Nazi cop to court. take a pic of the sign and you shall win!

sallen0046 4

While that's unfortunate, what exactly did you expect the cop to do? Leave you sitting on the side of the road and chase after the other offenders? Take a picture showing the sign is hidden and take it to court. You won't be convicted and the court will make sure the offending tree is removed or the sign replaced.

I personally laughed at the "offending tree" bit. Couldn't help but imagine a Family Guy scene with a tree doing something heinous.

something, something, darkside, something, something, something, complete.