The witching hour

By Donny - 04/08/2011 20:49 - United States

Today, severely tired and pulling an all-nighter, I was editing documents at work. Eventually the words blurred together and "which" began to look funny, so I corrected them. I realized too late that I'd turned in the company's brochure with every "which" spelt as "witch". FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 977
You deserved it 28 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flockz 19

who doesnt use spellcheck? now make me a sandwitch.

Eye hate win people get words mixed up with other words that sound alike. That's why eye make shirt that eye use the write words. Eye like talking better then typing because you can here what they say without having second guesses. Eye really think it is stupid win people can make a simple sentence, not make munch cents at all. Eye hope win eye ham hold enough two have a sun, his generation would no the difference of words that sound alike.

Comments

CattyPurry 0

use those special powers of yours to get the job ;)

Say blanket, or any word 200 times, it's gonna not feel like a real word anymore...

CattyPurry 0

spellcheck changes the word "bitch" to "botch" for me D:

Stamp it with a little witch hat and some spooky pictures and you're good to go :D HAPPY HALLOWEENNN!!

That's actually good advice. Don't own up to the mistake, Rock It instead! (Say something like I was just really prepared and picked the wrong file...)

Do you have any female bosses?? You might need to start looking for a new line of work....

We_Li_Ve_Fr_Ee 0

This is why all-nighters are not for the weak. Time for you to get a curfew.

The brochure readers will just be sympathetic for the "special" writer. OP, go to bed. :)

omg I do that ALL the time!! Haha its soo true...

Eye hate win people get words mixed up with other words that sound alike. That's why eye make shirt that eye use the write words. Eye like talking better then typing because you can here what they say without having second guesses. Eye really think it is stupid win people can make a simple sentence, not make munch cents at all. Eye hope win eye ham hold enough two have a sun, his generation would no the difference of words that sound alike.

Once the higher ups see that, then them witches start trippin'!

76- that was surprisingly difficult to read haha

42, 49, and 81 I think you lost your shirts...you might wanna find them

What happened to the you totally deserved it! Button. You deserved it just isn't the same

Sorry I go swimming at my house and it's the summer time. I'll ******* change my life to make you happier okay? Suck a chode.

We_Li_Ve_Fr_Ee 0

I'm with 93 on this one; it's summer time and shirts are overrated; maybe you should lighten up, get laid, and lose your shirt too.

83 - you're a few weeks late. I pointed out that his shirt fell off way back. Plus it's summer. My shirt is off right now. ... Well as are my pants and socks. :) Also, 76 you are awesome.

101 No I am MrSassypants. Awesome is someone else.

Uh yess, guys barely even wear shirts in the summer. Im not complaining.... :)

Sup bitch, your pretty hot. I would destroy you. Kbye

kwchambers92 10

no shirts?! only ****** and poor people don't wear shirts! wear a tank or man up and wear a button down with some jeans

ctrl+F, replace all 'witch' with 'which'. Should be an easy solution, unless you talk about witches in your brochure. I'm surprised they had you editing, if you didn't know how to do that.

49 - shorts have a zipper for a reason.. try using yours

hopelessxdesign 5

no shirt, no shoes, no service :P

flockz 19

who doesnt use spellcheck? now make me a sandwitch.

KayleeFrye 39

Spell check wouldn't catch that mistake. Witch is a real word, so a computer program won't recognize it as a mistake. I love spell check as much as the next person, but people rely on it WAY too much. Totally just noticed you typed sandWITCH. Love it! :)

I have been creepy, per usual. What about you?

And at witch point did you notice this, OP?

Dispute 3

That's where auto correct comes in handy. Other than that, screw auto correct!

cameron_natasha 0

uhmm it's SAMMICH not sandwich. :)

kwchambers92 10

I think 5s comment speaks for itself, not all the "which witch" shenanigans, and it's definitely sandwich unless you're illiterate of some sort

just explain what happened. im sure they'll somewhat understand...

tylersign 11

"In which case, we will need more profit this quarter." No no no. Doesn't sound right. "In witch case, we will need more profit this quarter." yeah there we go.

kings1fan 6

Man this was a long ass FML!

Nope, I believe spelt is correct as well. They are both interchangeable, according to the Oxford dictionary.

Spelt must be a UK word, not used in US.

xxdarkxangel98xx 3

omg I do that all the time!

xxdarkxangel98xx 3

This is funny because I'm an ignorant American nitwit

hahaha hey i rejected this one while i was moderating the fmls

Untie what? what are the bad spellers untying?!?!?

You don't get it? I "misspelled" unite. instead of unite, I said untie.