The war on Christmas

By drive thru madness - 25/12/2016 12:15 - United States - Amherst

Today, I was working the drive-thru. Everything was going fine until I handed a customer her order and said, "Happy Holidays". Before she drove off, she yelled, "it's Merry Christmas, bitch" and threw her coffee at the window. I'm Jewish and was trying to be polite. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 165
You deserved it 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People take the whole "happy holidays" versus "merry Christmas" thing WAY too seriously. Just be grateful they said anything nice to you at all, ungrateful pricks.

This "Merry Christmas" verses "Happy Holidays" battle is bullshit. If someone says "Merry Christmas" to you and you're not Christian, appreciate they're being polite and leave it be. If someone says "Happy Holidays" and the political correctness annoys you because you don't believe people should use that term, appreciate they are just considering others and get the **** over it.

Comments

I say both "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, have a good day and all that good stuff." to me it should cover everything.

I say, "Toodles!" And I'm a guy, so it confuses folks.

Hey, her loss, she lost a good cup of coffee just to be a close minded bitch to you. Hope you made it out with no burns or anything.

Happy non-denomination winter solstice period. Or maybe... Happy Christmahanukwanzakkus?

mermaidgirle 12

LOL, but if you say Solstice, you are honoring us Pagans. Ironic(if I'm using that word correctly) because that's where the majority of Christian holiday symbolism is borrowed from!

It's almost as if they took over other religion's holidays to force them to celebrate their holiday. It's funny how it matches up like that... hm... xD

That's quite impolite of her! I am Christian and I celebrate Christmas yet I still use the term 'happy holidays' so I don't offend anyone. I'm very sorry about that OP, I hope you have a happy Hanukkah!

It's not about being offended. It's about having respect for the fact that not everyone in the world is Christian.

Yes. Trump. A man who's not even in office, yet. And holds so much sway that France surrendered on election night, just to be safe. /s

At least in Trump's America, they are only throwing cups at windows, and not assaulting innocent people, burning buildings, holding up "Rape Melania" signs, stabbing people at Ohio State University, and shooting police officers, all with 47 million on food stamps and $19 trillion in debt and 95 million americans out of work, like they do in Obama's America. *SHRUG*

Trumps not even in ******* office yet get the **** out of here.

The War on Christmas will be fought with sticks, stones, and coffee.

Being Jewish and living in the US/UK, I get this. Happy Hannukah OP! :)

mermaidgirle 12

I hope you caught a license plate number ava call the police for assault! I'm so over this "war on Christmas" bullshit. There is nothing wrong with trying to be inclusive that others have holidays happening too. It's all about being kind.

Yeah good, and then the lady can post a 1 star review. Great idea! Call the police because a lady threw a cup at a window. Brilliant. If you were my employee, you would be fired faster than you could say "But I was just doing my job" and your sh*t would be thrown out the window

Really hope this ******** isn't in charge of anyone if they would fire someone for contacting the police because a customer tried to harm them..

Based on that tantrum, she should've said "It's Britney bitch"