The candidate

By anonymous - 05/09/2012 13:51 - Australia - Mittagong

Today, I had to give a speech as part of my campaign for school captain. I was rather happy with it and so I told another candidate my speech. Apparently it was a good idea as minutes later that same candidate stole my entire speech, leaving me looking like a complete idiot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 940
You deserved it 37 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your competitor has the capability of memorising your entire speech after hearing it once, he probably deserved to win.

Comments

YDI. Why would you tell the other your speech anyway?

dirton89 7

Welcome to the world of politics...it's a dirty, dirty game.

You never share your strategy with the enemy ! Duh

Why would you show your speech to anyone? I'm sure obamas gonna show mitt romny his speech to.... Pffff YDI fo sho

Dana 101....... You NEVA im mean NEVA EVA EVA tell the enemy yur strategy!!!!!! U tell yur opponent HOW TO FAIL!!!!!! NOT SUCCEED!!!!!

How many people have told you? Based on your grammar, I would guess quite a few...

I just lost two brain cells reading that. Please use English while typing a comment. I am by no means a grammar authority. However I try to write so, everyone can understand what I'm typing.

SenselessPattern 12

40# Just two? Two entire cities of my braincells just killed each other in a nuclear war over who would have to process the information from that comment.

#72: Thank you for making me laugh. That was perhaps the funniest comment I've seen yet.

SenselessPattern 12

Completely off tangent, but I had the worst ******* day of my life so far. That made it slightly better, thanks for that.

No worries, we all go through rough patches in our lives. Hopefully yours ends soon. Chin up!

Sucks, OP. But a valuable lesson learned: protect your intellectual property. Don't share it, or leave it where it can be stolen.

Presidents are supposed to leave their plans hush hush from other competitors You weren't cut out to be one apparently.

This is politics. Never tell your competitor your speech.

ElleYW 10

That's why you never tell anyone your speeches...that's politics 101. Sorry, but you deserved that