Thanks, but no thanks

By rick - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Roanoke

Today, I held the door for an elderly woman. As she walked through, she looked at me and told me I was a very handsome man and that I should meet her grandson. The woman was my grandmother, and yes, I'm straight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 672
You deserved it 3 626

Top comments

That's actually incredibly sweet. She called you handsome and was scouting out a partner for you.

Well sometimes you just have to take things that old people say with a grain of salt. She is probably just old and senile.

Comments

Eh... that is one of the few circumstances when I am glad I have no grandmother....

I'm sorry, OP. It sounds like your grandmother has some form of dementia. And that really sucks.

happyfingers 15

When I'm old I wanna purposely do/say stuff like that just to screw with people :D

hey dating yourself cant be that bad just make them get an aids test first

Lol she prolly was joking in her elderly ways. My grandma does that. And it seems like it's like she really doesn't recognize me!

Rather than take offense at the fact she apparently thinks you might be gay, be happy that even in her old age when she is obviously starting to lose memory and awareness, she still thinks you're a handsome man and wants the best for you, and obviously loves and accepts you whether you're gay or straight. There are a lot of people out there who would give anything to have that.

perdix 29

Maybe she is trying to set you up with one of your cousins?

Take it as a big time complement brother. 70% of gay men are HOT AS HELL!!!!!