Suspicious behavior

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that driving five miles an hour under the posted speed limit is "suspicious" and cause for a field sobriety test, breathalyzer, having your car searched and being handcuffed on the side of the road. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 598
You deserved it 12 830

Top comments

Sounds like the cop doesn't know the law very well (surprise surprise). Any evidence would have been tossed...he's a moron.

@#2: What? There are plenty of reasons to be driving under the speed limit: - it's dark - bad weather - you are unfamiliar with the territory/trying to find a place you've never been - you don't know the speed limit - you're car is impaired

Comments

jessiegirl 0

Something's missing. Were you drunk? Did you have drugs in the car? He's not just going to cuff you for no reason. I have a disdain for crooked cops, but I've always heard that going too slow is looked at as suspicious unless conditions are extreme, as several people have mentioned. So I guess I didn't take this as you getting unfairly pulled over--it's something they've been doing for years. *shrugs*

wrestler_fml 0

What the hell is DWB, or "driving while black"?

#9 and #11. Maybe some of us who aren't great drivers HATE cars and DON'T want to drive but are forced to by the people who refuse to support funding public transportation? I would be perfectly happy if I never had to drive again but it's just not possible in some cities.

I'm not sure about the US but in Canada, they can't legally do that. . . .personally I'd call in his badge go for the citizens arrest. That'll teach him to be an arse.

justjayit 0

That's gotta be illegal or something, how he pulled you over for that. But, chances are, the cop only handcuffed you because you were over the alcohol limit, so you totally deserved it.

That cop was a dick. He pulled you over for no reason at all. You had a lot of chances to **** with him, but since you didn't know, you got taken advantage of.

mylifeissweet12 0

Well obviously you got arrested because you did something wrong. If you were drinking and driving go f*** yourself that shit kills. And if you just had shit in your car, still YDI for doing something illegal dumbass.

it's also really annoying to other drivers. and #60 - sitting on the sidewalk in handcuffs doesn't mean arrested. it's called being detained. either they let you go OR they arrest you.

I don't understand how "being a good driver" or "liking to drive" equates to driving fast.