Surprise backfire

By No kids - 05/11/2022 07:00 - United States - Eagle Mountain

Today, after two years of dating and my boyfriend knowing I hate kids and don’t want any, he surprised me with his 4 year-old daughter, thinking I would change my mind. I immediately dumped him, leaving him at the mall we were shopping at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 017
You deserved it 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I’m curious what his end game was here. I foresee no winning scenario for him.

There’s a certain kind of sexist douche who genuinely thinks that “Oh she’ll *say* she doesn’t want kids but they all change their minds once a kid is there!”. I’m glad that in this case it was his kid from a previous relationship, and not sabotaged birth control.

Comments

I’m curious what his end game was here. I foresee no winning scenario for him.

There’s a certain kind of sexist douche who genuinely thinks that “Oh she’ll *say* she doesn’t want kids but they all change their minds once a kid is there!”. I’m glad that in this case it was his kid from a previous relationship, and not sabotaged birth control.

It's not like he bought a kid to annoy her. He was probably hoping to save his relationship realizing how stupid it was to hide it for so long.

ODBeefalo 10

yeah I am hoping this was all due to trying to keep the relationship he valued, but trying to find a way to say he had a kid. bad play imo, but if this is the case, I can respect the effort as long as he wasn't an ass with any outcome.

mattiagardin 15

Yeah... dishonesty and specifically dishonesty about the big dealbreaker, which you've thoroughly informed him of, is an absolutely terrible plan. I can't imaging lying for two years instead of just being upfront about the fact that you have a kid when your partner is adamantly childfree. Like, yes, it sucks, but as other commenters have pointed out - What other possibility did he think could result from these two incompatible situations coexisting? The relationship was going to end anyway - Wouldn't it be better to just move on quickly and find a partner who's okay with their partner having a child?

illbethejudge 2

the guy basically wasted two years of your life. I’d be pissed as hell!