Sorry mate, I didn't know

By Baboosh - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, was my first day as a bouncer. I was a bit late and didn't meet all the staff. Later that night, some fairly drunk guy was trying to force his way in, I told him we were at capacity and that he would have to wait. He kept trying and I ended up pushing him to the floor. He was the owner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 607
You deserved it 14 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for not getting to work on time on your first day. That sends a very bad impression, and like you just proved can lead to bad consequences.

Comments

hauptubel 0

well on the bright side you can get a better job now because being a bouncer sucks

Hopefully you didn't lose your job because if you did, this man is a SCAB. He should know that you're serious when it comes to your job and that you won't let any more people in after you've been told not to. Had you known this man was your boss, a different story. But he could have told you that RIGHT AWAY, so he's the idiot actually.

Now you know to show up for work 15-30 minutes early. Especially on your first day. What POSSIBLE justification could you have for not being early to your FIRST day at a new job? ...and, you're working at a bar. What in the world would keep you from learning who the boss is? I mean, show up at the place at least once before your first day, and ask the bartender on duty, "Hey, I'm Baboosh, and I'm starting here on Friday... who runs this place?" *sigh*

@ 6 7 8 you dont have to prove your brains on a fml, you have no life if you have time to spellcheck everything you say

proud_liberal 0

if he was drunk that means he's an alcoholic. you were right to push him down as he would have raped someone that night, guaranteed

nyuukou 0

Wait, so being drunk means one is an alcoholic and is going to rape someone? Wow, would you share whatever it is you're smoking? It sounds like some pretty good stuff.

mizu22 0

being an alcoholic insures rape? wow. what an idiotic and biased and unfair comment. even if you are joking. wow. i'll pray for you.

mrda 0

Maybe he was testing security.

cheeez4u 8

YDI for being late first day to work. What an idiot, don't you know the arrive 15 minutes early rule. If I was the owner, even if I was compeletey wasted, I would still fire your dumbass!!

purplegiraffes 0

shouldnt be late on your first day :/ hopefully he wont remember..