Sharing is caring

By goin4broke - 07/08/2009 15:23 - United States

Today, my parents came to the restaurant I work at as a waiter. After, I picked up the check to realize they had left me a $500 tip! We split the tips among the employees so I only got $50 back but I was still psyched. When I got home they asked me if I had noticed that they used my credit card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 920
You deserved it 6 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you told them that you had to split the tips. What a waste. they thought they were being clever and wasted all your tip money. Heh. FYL indeed.

Comments

Share the tip is normal. But FYL for having that kind of parents.

alex_vik 0

Why didn't you have your credit card in your wallet?

Fail_Pig 0

YDI for not splitting the tip.

Oh what the ****, hell no that's ****** up. FYL for sure!

YDI for 2 reasons $500 tip is a huge red flag even if it was your parents. And because you work in a hellhole that does mass tip sharing. As a waitress I worked my ass off for an average of %30 tips over the course of me working there(pre bar tip out) everyone else averaged %10-12. If I had to share with their lazy butts I wouldve quit.

i_love_fml_11 0

Sometimes splitting the tips is because sometimes someone doesn't take a table so they can clean up or help out elsewhere. That person is still helping out but they aren't helping a table which could mean they wouldn't get tipped. I think you should talk to the people you work with and tell them it was a mistake or talk to the credit card company. It's not even fair for your parents to give out $500s in a tip from your card.

blackredwhite 0

huh m so annoyed by the OP's parents.. dont they have they'r own money to spend?? or at least have the courtesy to ask b4 using their son's credit card... some parents are so annoying!arrgghhh.. FYL indeed..