Same

By Anonymous - 19/01/2023 16:00

Today, I’m realising that at some point I should have just settled for the guys who were there, instead of waiting for the fantasy perfect guy. All my exes are happily married with grown kids, whereas I’m in my 50’s, never married, no kids or grandkids, and will probably die alone with my cat eating my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 441
You deserved it 1 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe ease up on that three mile long list of requirements no one will ever meet, realise there is nevera perfect one and all relationships require a mature level of compromise to work.

Even if you somehow found the perfect guy, the relationship still would take hard work and effort. All relationships do. That said, it’s never too late to turn things around.

Comments

maybe ease up on that three mile long list of requirements no one will ever meet, realise there is nevera perfect one and all relationships require a mature level of compromise to work.

I blame the parents who didn't teach their kids the difference between Disney and reality.

Even if you somehow found the perfect guy, the relationship still would take hard work and effort. All relationships do. That said, it’s never too late to turn things around.

Congrats to you and your like, you got what you deserved.

Where’s Richard Pencil? I’d imagine he’d have an inappropriate-but-funny comment on this.

OP your life is not over in your 50’s. You can make realistic changes if you want. There is no one perfect mate. There are simply people who are compatible or not and ultimately people with whom you can share love or not. It’s never too late to find the love your seek if you are open to real people who may have a few imperfections like we all have. I hope you find that relationship.

Nix188 13

My uncle didn't get married until he was 50, and he said it was worth the wait. You've got time. Edit: Even if you ARE fifty, you've got time! Go mingle! Meet people! If someone's out there, you'll find them.

I get it, really sucks just finding someone self aware, mentally/physically stable without STDs is such a huge ask somehow.

You're better off alone than saddled with the man-sized toddler with the fragile ego.