Road rage

By fUcKOAHdSAjl - 16/08/2013 18:41 - United States - Manchester

Today, my dog was riding my car's passenger seat. He clambered over onto my lap, causing me to lose control of the wheel for a few seconds. As I tried to knock him off me, I lost track of my speed, and ended up being pulled over for reckless driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 513
You deserved it 44 691

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dog was riding the seat? Why wasn't he riding IN the seat? No wonder you got distracted.

Comments

Could have been worse. I'm not saying YDI, but you could have lost total control and crashed. Luckily, all is fine with both you and the dog. :)

perdix 29

You WERE driving recklessly! You're lucky you didn't hurt or kill yourself, your dog or someone else.

I'm sorry YDI OP, I hope you learned your lesson. You or your dog could of been hurt.

That's your own fault, so don't blame the dog! They should be harnessed in the back for their own safety and yours!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

My friend's cousin never strapped her dog in. She lost control of her car on an icy highway, crashed it, and both she and her dog were killed. If either of them had been wearing a seatbelt, there's a chance they would have survived. So as an ex-vet assistant who had to deal with the bodies of such dogs, I will happily say "**** you" to anyone who doesn't think it's necessary to harness their dog in a car. Especially if they don't do it because they're afraid of "upsetting" their dog. Would you let your children rid in a car unrestrained because you were afraid of "upsetting" them?! As far as I'm concerned, it should be the law.

ViviMage 38

In some states its the law to restrain an animal.

My dog is strapped in and still sticks his head out the window. He has a harness that plugs into the seatbelt, gives him enough leash to wander around the backseat but not enough to get in the front and climb all over (which he would certainly do).

ViviMage 38

Seatbelt the harness! Crate him. Anything but the dog wandering in the front seat! I was in a car when the driver's daschund/Jack Russell terrier mix jumped into her arms and we spun out. YDI the ticket.

punkyboy 11

I tried that and I got arrested. I think I did something wrong

maybe time to teach your dog to sit in the back

saucyrossi 18

I was actually watching that earlier today

It is not your dogs fault that you are not responsible enough to put the dog in a position where he cannot affect your driving.