Relief

By Andrew Cab - 06/04/2021 13:00 - United Kingdom

Today, our 9-year-old daughter was removed from our home and placed into a home for children too violent to function in a family setting. I can't stop crying but my wife hasn't been this happy in years. She was actually smiling as our daughter was restrained and forced out the front door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 029
You deserved it 356

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She must've been one real hellraiser! Can't blame her. Sorry about this OP but think of it as a moments peace.

xxlk4xx 6

I would be crying too! that must be so hard to go through, I wonder/hope maybe your wife was smiling because your daughter may be able to get the help she needs? or it could have just been so draining trying to deescelate violence all the time that she's happy for a break and the tears may come later 🤷‍♀️ I obviously don't know much about this situation at all either. but again I'm so sorry for what you're going through

Comments

She must've been one real hellraiser! Can't blame her. Sorry about this OP but think of it as a moments peace.

xxlk4xx 6

I would be crying too! that must be so hard to go through, I wonder/hope maybe your wife was smiling because your daughter may be able to get the help she needs? or it could have just been so draining trying to deescelate violence all the time that she's happy for a break and the tears may come later 🤷‍♀️ I obviously don't know much about this situation at all either. but again I'm so sorry for what you're going through

Just want you to know that I misclicked on YDI, sorry. And sorry for what you're going through, no matter what happened before. Maybe it will help your daughter in the long run to be elsewhere with (hopefully) psychologically trained supervisors.

Lydmyers 9

I believe there is something very wrong here. The little girl is 9 years old, ffs and now ontop of everything else she is going through, she is going to feel abandoned by her own parents. The fact that your wife smiled... yeah, serious red flag for me. If I were in that situation, I would NOT be smiling.

I understand both of you. Having a child with anger issues is hard. Don't feel guilty about not crying or her being happy. Getting a diagnosis for anything that is wrong with your child is amazing. I have a child now grown who was diagnosed with autism I cried and laughed because of the nearly four years to get her diagnosed.

Yummi_913 18

Your child was probably acting out due to being raised by a psychotic monster and an enabler. If this happens to be the case maybe you should divorce the psycho and work on building a healthier bond with your child where she can heal and be safe from everything that's driving her to violence, and grow to be a healthier and happier child. Usually when you take away a child's hurt they get better.

Or maybe just start with a therapist. Baby steps...

Yummi_913 18

For who? The psycho mom? The enabler dad who all of a sudden cares? Or the screwed up child who needs help? I'm assuming you're talking about dad. But how does that help the child? That's who's the most important in this situation. They ALL need therapy, but the child needs a safe home ASAP. I knew a kid (a few actually) who was sent to one of those facilities. They don't care about the children one bit and he had to fight a staff member off him repeatedly because nobody believed/cared that he was raping the children.Theyre all "violent delinquents who are just lying for attention" so nobody ever helps them. Another stood watch and said they "deserve it". Children are not safe in these places and that's WAY more important than a grown mans little feefees (that he contributed to). The wife can fend for her damn self. She's an adult. This guy needs to parent up and do the right thing. Before anything terrible happens to his 9 year old. And THEN everyone can get therapy. Personal, and family therapy. There's no baby steps when a child could be actively exposed to severe trauma on a daily basis.

Tammy Gabb 5

Was your wife the main care giver?

Your kid was restrained before being led away. That's not normal.i don't think it's odd that the primary care giver would react weirdly at that point. I think you both need therapy.

Pretty sure dad was one of those "My wife will deal with it" kind of dads. Of course she is heartbroken but wtf people can only take so much. Should have helped her more.