PSA: Don't be this guy

By Ih8ungratefulb - 23/04/2023 00:00

Today, I confessed my feelings to the love of my life. She laughed and said, “Nah, you’re like a brother to me, I can’t see you that way.” This after I drained my wallet for her birthday, brought her flowers and comforted her when her dog passed away, and fixed her car every time it broke down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 327
You deserved it 1 680

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nikki 16

Imagine having a really supportive, helpful friend that’s helped you through some dark times, then finding out that friend expects sex for all the nice things they’ve done. It’s her life that sucks, not yours

It's not love when you expect them to become your SO when you do them favours. (healthy)Relationships aren't transactional where you do x amount of thing x times and receive romance in return. The name you used suggests you don't really see them as a person with free thought.

Comments

You're a simp. You can't buy your way into a woman's pants. Well, you can but it's not legal or very expensive. You should use that username with any online incel group. You'll probably have to add 4-5 digits to get it to be unique.

It's not love when you expect them to become your SO when you do them favours. (healthy)Relationships aren't transactional where you do x amount of thing x times and receive romance in return. The name you used suggests you don't really see them as a person with free thought.

Nikki 16

Imagine having a really supportive, helpful friend that’s helped you through some dark times, then finding out that friend expects sex for all the nice things they’ve done. It’s her life that sucks, not yours

That's the difference for you between friendship and true love? Sex?

Love and dating is tricky. You have to be compatible. You have to both come to like each other in a romantic and sexual manner. Just because you like someone and have been nice to them does not mean they will necessarily like you back in that way… You cannot buy love. You can buy sex, but you better be very careful if you do. For most people they don’t want to think of themselves as prostituting themselves for a sympathetic ear or auto repair - Through there are some who have done that. And for most of us, ultimately we really don’t want to think of ourselves as someone who has to pay someone to be with us… OP you need to rethink your whole approach to dating. You need to not fixate on one person who has no romantic interest in you. Accept that is her opinion and move on. Try to be around people who have a shared interest. Be a friend, not buy a friend. Don’t have unrealistic expectations like a specific face or body type. Learn to appreciate the people around you as people, and not just a potential sexual relationship.

She's the "love of your life," you're not the love of her life.

So ya, yeah grew feelings for somebody who only saw you as a friend, you can't be resentful just because they did not reciprocate that is not how dating works sounds like you need to take a step back and reevaluate your understanding of dating and healthy interactions with the opposite sex otherwise you will become jaded and turn into an incel. which will only make your circumstance much worse and impossible to find a significant other. do not listen to any of the negative comments those will not help you; you can only help yourself 🙂 and I'm speaking from experience here as somebody who was young and inexperienced in relationships as well. (never assume) assumption makes an ass of oneself.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Hey I get it, and it would be nice if this worked but it just very rarely does. Makes sense though I've never had a girl I'm not interested become attractive because they were helpful. Keep trying, when it's a good fit you don't need to force romantic chemistry.

YDI for doing all those nice things with an expectation of her giving you things in return that were never promised

Gee, she's not attracted to someone who only does nice things because they want something out of it? Who'd have thought?