Panda

By Anonymous - 24/10/2015 01:32 - United States - Albuquerque

Today, at a family reunion, my grandpa loudly said that I look like "a cheap Vegas whore" because of my heavy purple eye-shadow. I could tell that a few other people agreed. I was too embarrassed to explain that the "eye-shadow" was just dark circles from fatigue. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 533
You deserved it 2 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should have said "Oh I'm sorry, does it remind you of that story I wasn't suppose to tell grandma about?"

A07 48

You should've said "Ofcourse you'd know all about them" when he said that

Comments

Ahhh the elderly, never keep criticism to themselves.

Family dinners and trips in public seem to be their prime time to showcase this talent.

I was about to choose "you deserve it" until you explained the natural nature of your dilemma.

mds9986 24

Why would dark circles be more embarrassing than too much makeup?

With enough make up it should cover it...at least I have done that a few times...

just go with it... there's nothing wrong with a little extra cash

Maybe you should have told them what it actually was. They'd be the ones to get embarrassed. And feel bad.

OneFourNine 9

What others think or say about you is irrelevant.

a cheap Vegas who're would probably also have black eyes

I'm not sure I understand why you'd be embarrassed about that. Dark circles around your eyes usually means you're sleep-deprived, and that's not really what I'd consider "embarrassing."

zeffra13 31

Is anyone else confused at how her 'dark circles' are on her eyelids and apparently don't have the telltale under-eye circles that 'dark circles' is usually referring to? If she used makeup to cover up her under-eye why not eyelids too?

leogachi 15

@28 My guess is that her family can't tell the difference between makeup and dark circles and that op didn't try to cover them up at all because it's sometimes impossible to cover.