Nice try, loverboy

By Anonymous - 06/04/2009 05:07 - United States

Today, I had a really cute waitress at lunch. I decided to leave my number and a $50 bill for a $15 check. When I left the restaurant I realized I still had the $50 but a $1 bill was missing from my wallet. I've been getting threatening text messages all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 625
You deserved it 64 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You tried to get to her heart through MONEY? What do you think she is, a prostitute?

Oh because nothing says "Give me a call :D" like $35. Failfailfail

Comments

1. Paying her to get a date? Classy. 2. How did you not realize how much money you were leaving when you specifically wanted to leave $50? 3. Not going back or even trying to fix your mistake hammers the nail in this coffin of YDI.

lym777 0

It's too late to make things up with the girl. Give up on that. But go back and pay your bill in full before they go to the police with your phone number. Honestly, it's the only thing you can do to make things right.

Just say, "this was a test that you failed." What you should have posted was Today, I tried to win a girl over by flashing some cash cause I have no personality. FML

Let's say you did lay down the $50. If she calls you and dates you because you gave her a lot of money, then obviously she's wants to date you for the wrong reasons. Next time, find a better way to pick up chicks.

deliciouskaek 1

Wow. So instead of going back to pay for the meal, you're whining on the internet about having an extra $50 in your wallet? Just go back and pay the bill.

i_like_chicks 0

23 kind of beat me to it. Americans can make fun of our money all they want - (though I've never seen a currency besides theirs that is all the same colour, so really they are the odd ones out...) but it sure lowers the risk of dumb shit like this happening. I grew up in Canada, so the money colours are engrained into my brain, and now that I've been living in Europe not only are the colours different but so are the sizes... if you want 50€ just look for a huge orangey bill. 5€? Tiny blue.

#23 and #37 beat me to the money comment.. i completely agree with them. YDI. Just go back and pay the rest of the bill.

I agree with the rest. Go back tomorrow and pay your bill. I can't believe you didn't as soon as you found out, particularly since you left your number! Depending on where she works, the $14 you didn't pay might have had to come from her pocket. You probably won't get a date but at least you'll stop her from thinking you're a cheap asshole.

YDI for being dumb enough to not notice the difference between a $1 and a $50. Great work there, Helen Keller.