Nice to know

By Anonymous - 04/06/2016 14:52 - United States - Bethlehem

Today, I tried having some girl time with my mom so I could sneakily figure out what to get her for her birthday. All I could think of in the end was a time machine, after her rant about wishing she'd gotten her tubes tied rather than going through the stress of raising me and my sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 263
You deserved it 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It seems like she's not worthy of getting a birthday present from you or your sister.

If you get her a time machine and she goes back to prevent your birth, who will get her the time machine?! Tie your temporal loops before worrying about getting to her tubes! Your homework tonight is to watch the original Terminator.

Comments

Get her a relaxing spa day or something if she is so stressed out

Man that hit me I feel you in a way. Sometimes me and my sister are extremely distant from our mom but we love her she probably doesn't mean wrong. She's just stressed about something. I hope you and your mom make up :) best of luck op.

Alcohol is like a bandaid, it only covers the wound. It doesn't heal it.

oldie_goldie 13

I feel for you. I once tried to take my mom out to the theatre, and got two hours of non-stop complaining about how she'd rather be home watching soap operas - alone. Meanwhile, years later she is still berating me and my brother for "not respecting her". Never again.

At that point I'd tell her "I wish you did too, so maybe I wouldn't have such an ungrateful mother, " and walk out.

A vacation sounds like a great gift

Well I can't blame her. Even today society pressures (especially) women into having kids. Perhaps abortion was not an option when she got pregnant. While that must hurt you imagine her position. I am constantly being asked WHEN will I have children even though I want none and am constantly pressured by my partner about it. I imagined being talked into having kids and how that would ruin my life. I just know I would hate my children if I had them. So I will pervent being in a situation like your mom.

Since you probably can't get her that time machine, get her the best best thing: nothing, because it's what she would have gotten anyway if you didn't exist

Sounds like a session with a good masseuse is in order?

Invent a time machine, prevent your own existence and make the whole universe implode with the paradox - great birthday treat! I must remember that one for my own mother.