Nice guy

By Catherine - 13/05/2021 11:01

Today, I announced to my boyfriend of 5 years that I was pregnant. He gave me an ultimatum. Either I "get rid of it" because he’s "not ready to be a dad" or he’ll "put me out on the streets." I’m unemployed and have nowhere to go if I keep it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 403
You deserved it 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Michael Wood_279567485 8

Not sure where you live, but in a lot of places there are often resources available to help people get out of abusive situations such as this. whoever you trust in your life, may be able to help get you in touch or aid in other ways as well.

I had a gal friend with a very similar story. Except this happened to her twice and both times her bf and her family practically forced the abortion pill down her throat. It really ****** her up mentally. I guess what I am trying to say is, find someone trustworthy to confide in over this and get away from the bf swiftly, without raising his alarms. You need support and a clear mind to make YOUR right decision right now. It just might be the hardest decision you ever have to make so there's no space for toxicity like him right now.

Comments

if you have no kids, why weren't you out working instead of depending on some dude to support you? I'm sorry for your situation, but everyone woman needs an escape plan, just for this (and several other reasons)

Yummi_913 18

Your partner would rather put you on the streets like you are nothing to him, than adjust to the situation for his own child and the woman he supposedly loves. This "man" is trash and not worth your time (pregnant or not). In fact, he would make a horrible husband and especially dad. LEAVE HIM.... If you want to keep your baby there are tons of resources out there. If you are in the states, apply for Medicaid asap (and have it mailed elsewhere in case your partner steals your mail - PO box maybe?). They will cover all your pregnancy medical expenses including birth. Tell your doctor about your pending homelessness and toxic partner and ask if they know of resources that could help. Usually clinics keep a list of women's shelters (they usually put pregnant women and moms first for housing and help you find work) and places that give free diapers and supplies to those who need it. Start on prenatal vitamins asap! Nature Made (with DHA) has the best ingredient list of all the cheap ones. And when baby is born DONT put the sperm donor on the birth certificate. That way it will be much harder for him to turn around and try to get custody just to hurt you. But before all this, think long and hard if you want this baby. It's a difficult job unlike any other. Especially with no support. But it can be so worth it. It's completely understandable if you would rather not be a parent right now - FOR YOU. Just don't do it for this scumbag of a man. You'll forever regret giving up a child that would actually love you only for a man who already treats you like you're worth nothing. Giving up your baby has to be for you and nobody else. If you need advice or someone to talk to about what steps you need/want to take feel free to message me. I can also suggest some apps and programs relating to pregnancy. Good luck!

Who cares if you’re not ready to be a father, you laid down with her and had sex.

Go to Planned Parenthood and ask for help. They can help you get into a women's shelter so your decision is YOURS, and get you started on any medical help you need for pregnancy. They keep resources specifically for things like this, and whether you want to keep your fetus or not, they will help you without any judgement.