New depths

By Bruce - 23/01/2021 11:01 - United States - Falls Church

Today, my sump pump stopped working so I called a plumber to fix it. It took two seconds for him to simply plug it back in. Cost me $75 for the call. FML
I agree, your life sucks 351
You deserved it 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Michael Sawyer 11

How can you NOT check to see if there is power going to it? YDI!

tounces7 27

2 seconds + the time it took to drive to your place and back, so anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour+. 75 is actually fairly cheap for a plumber, even for something that basic.

Comments

bobsanction 18

Well you probably should have checked that before calling him.

tounces7 27

2 seconds + the time it took to drive to your place and back, so anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour+. 75 is actually fairly cheap for a plumber, even for something that basic.

Michael Sawyer 11

you are right. My cousin is a Plumber/HVAC and we just had him put a new thermostat in our house. Took him 10 minutes to get here, 2 minutes to change it out. cost us 140$ but we turned over the receipt with our rent(minus the money we spent on the thermostat).

Michael Sawyer 11

How can you NOT check to see if there is power going to it? YDI!

coius 23

My septic pump stopped working. The 220v line set fire and it cost $400 to run a 220v run, hook it up to two different fuses (you heard that rise. Fuses), only for the second line to set fire in the pit due to copper impurity in the power lines. Now I’ve gotta spend $3,400 USD replacing a septic pit pump. Consider yourself lucky!

Got a problem solved for $75, I'd put that in the win column and move on.

randybryant799 20

You never thought to check???