Never flip flop and drive

By Alyce - 09/10/2020 08:10 - United States - Lewistown

Today, I was supposed to deliver my S/O's keys to the garage, where he got his car fixed after a minor accident. I pulled out of my alley, only to have my flip flop catch on my accelerator, causing me to hit another car passing by. FML
I agree, your life sucks 424
You deserved it 1 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You absolutely deserve it. Never wear flip flops while driving for this exact reason.

tounces7 27

I thought it was pretty damn obvious you don't wear flip flops while driving. You're better off with bare feet.

Comments

You absolutely deserve it. Never wear flip flops while driving for this exact reason.

That's quite a flip-flop. One minute the car is fine, next one it's smashed. You must have gone to Lindsay Graham Driving School.

tounces7 27

I thought it was pretty damn obvious you don't wear flip flops while driving. You're better off with bare feet.

Many states have laws against driving in flip-flops. Now you know why.

Sady_Ct 37

Wearing flip flops while driving is illegal in Australia for this exact reason

Sara Niemantsverdriet 12

Actually it isn't illegal, at least not in NSW. Not specifically, anyway. There are no specific laws about the type of footwear or lack thereof you can wear while driving However, if you did have an accident and it could be proved your inappropriate footwear was the cause, you can cop an offence under "driving without proper control of a vehicle".

This is the most moronic driving-related FML I've read since that girl who complained about her boyfriend crashing into a tree while she gave him "road head". If you do stupid things, you deserve to suffer the consequences. Don't drive while wearing footwear that easily slips off, don't blow the driver while the car is in motion, and stop renewing The Masked Singer.

This is why you never, ever, wear flip flops while driving. I think it's even illegal in a lot of places.