Lingering smells

By UptoHERE - 04/02/2010 03:18 - Canada

Today, I was on a road-trip with some of my buddies, when we stopped at a gas station. When I opened the door to their bathroom, brown water flowed out, soaking my legs up to my knees. I then spent another 2 hours in an enclosed vehicle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 486
You deserved it 2 283

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So the door to a gas station washroom was watertight, eh? And it opened out, rather than opening in? And the water in the bathroom was much much higher than your knees, since you were outside the bathroom upon opening it? And no employees nor visitors had opened that door for however many hours it would have taken for that much water to build up? And you opened the door wide enough to actually be hit with the majority of the water flow, fast enough that you didn't notice the problem in time? Okay, I believe you. Just checking.

Fire_Starter 0

You were on a road trip... But didn't have any other clothes you could've grabbed and changed into?

Comments

Hunter329 0

Ewwwwww... But holy **** that's so funny! Sorry!

Asstazztic 8

That's why u **** the pants by taking them off and leaving them behind

collegecutie0788 0

If that was me and I was on a road trip, I would have gotten into the trunk, got into my suitcase and changed my pants, putting the smelly ones back in the trunk so we didn't have to deal with them for another 2 hours.

anela_fml 0

I would have just thrown the pants away they're ruined

ambrz 0

**** your friends lives too!!! ewwwww :p

So the door to a gas station washroom was watertight, eh? And it opened out, rather than opening in? And the water in the bathroom was much much higher than your knees, since you were outside the bathroom upon opening it? And no employees nor visitors had opened that door for however many hours it would have taken for that much water to build up? And you opened the door wide enough to actually be hit with the majority of the water flow, fast enough that you didn't notice the problem in time? Okay, I believe you. Just checking.

I've been on road trips in the US and seen doors that open outward at gas station toilets. When you're stuck out in the middle of Illinois it's not that unreasonable to assume that no one has used a public restroom for hours, especially if you're travelling at night or early morning. Also: the restroom could very easily have been up a step or two, which would make it far easier for water to soak him up to his knees. So... what's your point, Captain Skeptical?

TRJADN 0

I am going to have to call bs on this fml. you opened the bathroom and brown water came out reaching up to your knees. Must have been alot of water. lmao

kozmikstarz 0

What orp_michael said is exactly what I was thinking. True or not...FY friends' lives...why did they allow you back in the vehicle? I would make my friend in shit soaked pants sit bottomless before I get in an enclosed area for extended amounts of time.

You may not have noticed, #28, but no individual one of my questions caused my skepticism. Rather, it was the collaboration of all of them. Unused bathroom, certainly. Door opening outward? Very plausible. Opening the door unusually wide and fast? Possible, maybe he was in a hurry. But watertight door on a lockable room with multiple sources of plumbing? Safety concern at the very least. Maybe even a building code violation. Not to mention completely unnecessary. Extra effort/cost for no possible gain. Highly unlikely. All of these factors combined? Even more unlikely. Wanting to get an FML published and embellishing it a little (or even a lot)? Easy, no effort, and very likely! (I hadn't thought about the bathroom being up a couple of steps, but it's irrelevant. He would have either been farther away as a result of them, or standing on them and thus negating the possible vertical distance between him and the water.)

ladida94 0

lol orp-micheal, why did u type all that as if number 28 or anyone for that matter cared??u realllyy dont hav to explain urself... but anyway heccccksss yea fyl!!!

ahhh, if there was steps and he was standing on them then wouldnt he not be able to open the door? cos of it openin outwards an all

up to knees....why does that not seem plausible? this is either 1. you're short for it to reach your knees or 2. over exaggeration to the max....i bet it was only up to the ankles =_="

What is the lesson here children? Use bathrooms at walmart simply because there used often and are clean(for the most part)

What a shitty trip that turned into, I just bet you can't wait to flush that memory away. Next time, tie some of those green stinky trees around your ankles. If you asked I bet they would have felt bad for you at the station and gave you a couple.