Just the tip

By Anonymous - 28/06/2009 18:43 - United States

Today, I went into work to waitress on a table of 40 guests. They were my only table for the day and the bill came to over 700 dollars. After they left the busser was cleaning the table and threw out the credit card receipt which had my tip on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 899
You deserved it 4 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

infest0125 0

Oh wow, fyl and you should complain about that busser.

Are you kidding me? They were your only table and you weren't able to get there before the busser to collect your receipt? YDI

Comments

"Don't worry, rich people don't leave tips anyway" (#5) I wouldn't consider a $17.50/head meal to be for rich people.

lmmmr 0

It could easily be a company gathering. Company card.

Not only that...$700 bucks if you're getting cash back from people..really isn't all that much. Maybe for y'all who have never worked and are like 15-18...maybe. But I've been working since I was 15...and I could pay that..I totally wouldn't though. Screw those other people haha. That doesn't mean they are rich. With a big ass group like that..it's prolly some gathering for a company or something like said above.

Man that sucks dick it mustbof been a big tip to fyl.

bleepyourlife 0

the transaction is already processed when the credit card is run through. you have to go back into the transaction to add the tip once the guest leaves you the credit card slip. its only really necessary for proof if the customer disputes the charge. it would be nice if the slip was always left in the book but people usually leave that slip as well as my pen elsewhere on the table. easily confused with trash, the slips are thrown out. i know that its a bussers job to clean your table off, but i always go over and grab my c.c. receipt and help buss at least a little bit. if you are not doing anything its kind of jerky to stand around and wait for your table to be cleaned off entirely for you.

Perhaps there was an automatic 18% gratuity or something to that effect? I hope that's the case for your sake.

Even so, some people leave extra money...and you take the chance of putting the wrong tip on if this is the case.....which is illegal and can get the restaurant into trouble, since they don't have the credit card slip.

40 people, you charge an automatic 18% gratuity charge for parties of 8 or more. Case closed, next.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
katelynmarie 0

Guidebot, you're an idiot. Most of their income comes from the tips. And they handle your food, so shut the **** up.

ohhhhshizzz 0

You do realize that their wage is about 2 something an hour? For all the shit that waitresses do? They have to be nice to you, get your food, keep your orders straight and some assholes buy 60 dollars worth of food and don't tip and are complete jerks. Do you even realize that when tipped they have to split it WITH the cooks and bussers. In all honesty you need to shut the **** up because you know NOTHING, about anything actually just go kill yourself you are dirtying the gene pool and I don't think your kids will appreciate the stupidity passed down from you. And if you don't like waitresses go to McDonalds where they actually GET minimum wage. Go kill yourself slowly.

cybely 0

Agreed. Kill yourself, guidebot. Actually, don't worry about it. You are too stupid to live so natural selection will probably take care of it without your help.

Inked2009 0

Your an ASSHOLE! You deserve to have your food spit on among other things.

You are all the reason why I don't tip your poor asses. Suck it up you ******* ******* and work a real job.

Guidebot - Working in a restaurant is a real job. Be a real man, and respect those who work for a living.

A real job isn't one that can be replaced by a buffet table.

ellbtvsvm 0

Or a computer. Or a machine. ...should I continue?

cherry_blossom 0

Pieces of shit like you are what make it a real job. Go choke on a dick, guidebot.

It must be so hard to bring a plate of food to a table and write down the names of dished on a little pad. You totally deserve making $300.00 a day for it in tips.

It's a lot harder than you think asshole. We have to put up with people no matter what kind of mood they are in, and we have to do it with a smile on our face and not get rude with them, otherwise we might lose our job. I'd like to see you try and serve at a restaurant for one day. At my job we have 3 tables at a time when we are fully staffed. When we aren't I have had up to 8 tables all at the same time. It's difficult to try and make sure you get every little thing that the people need/want and to make sure it's done properly. Most servers make only $2-$3 an hour. Our tips are what we live on. And very rarely does anyone walk home with $300 dollars in tips in a night. That only happens if you've either A) worked a double which is about 12 hours or B) work in a high end restaurant where the tips are always high. Some times it runs smoothly, but other times you might have that ONE table that needs something every single time you come back to the table and keeps running you around. We deserve good tips because we do everything you ask of us and try to accommodate you're desires in any way possible. So shut the **** up and get some respect for you're waiter/waitresses, otherwise they may just treat you like shit while you are at their table.

Actually ohhhhshizzz waitress's don't HAVE to split their tips with anyone.

Yes, they do have to split their tips...at the place I work at, we give the bussers at least 10% and then the bar gets 10% of your bar sales...

Stop feeding the gd troll. No real human being could possibly have his attitude. Anyone who's ever even been to a restaurant knows that food on a buffet isn't as fresh or flavorful as food that's cooked to order. There also can't be as much selection. If he's not a troll he's an idiot who's clearly to poor to eat at nice place that would actually have a waitress anyway.

I realize that it is by policy. I'm just saying that there are a lot of places that DO make you tip out the bussers and the bartenders, so keep that in mind when you're tipping because your server might not be getting all of it.

wasabipeas 0

HOOOOOOO BOY. You must be a joy at restaurants. In fact, you must just be the light and inspiration of all you touch. I mean, such understanding, such wit. You do know that waiters everywhere are making a mental note to **** in your soup, right?

guidebot's just pissed because he's going to die alone in his 1 bedroom apt full of tech manuals, piles of hot pocket wrappers, and a lifetime supply of vaseline.

bleepyourlife 0

at my work our tip share comes automatically out of our check out now. to the hosts, bussers, bar and on friday and saturday to a food runner. now that they are getting a certain percent of out tips they are kind of slacking :(

And you people wonder why I don't tip. You do absolutely nothing. If you can't keep track of a couple of tables then you have to be clinically retarded or something. It's not hard to organize different orders. You're just bitching because you're all too pussy to speak up and demand a raise. Don't expect other people to fill in for you when you don't even have a spine.

Guidebot---Oh, okay, that makes perfect sense! If every server on earth decided to take your pathetic advice and get a "real job," then there would be NO ONE left to serve you your food! Hello, someone has to do it. And some people actually enjoy doing it..So leave them alone. They were no complaining about their job, they just simply want to be PAID for the intense, stressful, and hard work they do. If you don't want to tip anyone, then by all means, go eat at mcdonalds.

Oh shit man, you're right. I might actually have to get up and walk five ******* feet to a table and get my own food like I do every day of my life. Absolutely terrible. And ashy. I'm surprised someone as rich as you who can afford ivy league education needs to work a job as a waiter, I find that very hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe someone attending ivy league lacks as much common sense as you do. All in all waiters are parasites and enable laziness and bitch when people actually might be able to get their own food.

My family is what you would call "lower middle class" by any reckoning of the word. I could afford Ivy League education thanks to financial aid, if I wanted to go Ivy League. I would probably have to work as a waiter to do so, however. I know you're a troll, which is why I'm ignoring any points that matter here, but, ffs, try to make your trolling somewhat more sensical. More believable trolling is way more effective!

MrCorn234 6

Dude, this is a perfect example of a successful troll: Something nonsensical that nonetheless infuriates legions. Well done, I look up to you. And FYL OP.

sportcrazychick4 7

What an asshole you are!!! I ******* bartend and waitress at the same time and you tell me if someone orders a long island ice tea, Alabama slammers, and a couple of wet pussy can you make them? Then on top of all that they order food and you the hope the kitchen doesn't screw it up because it would reflect on your tip. Yes please tell me how hard it is when you have never done it!!!

Really?! Those who waiters don't even make minimum wage for the fact that they get tips. The tips make up for what they don't get in minimum wage and as for the buffet tables someone has to keep the food loaded up there.

aybaileigh 0

Oh man. I'd kill that person who threw it out. haha. Or make him/her pay you back.

hotstuff81 0

What a horrid busser and if that was your only table why didn't you get there before him.