Just in case

By DesperateMother - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - France - Wasselonne

Today, my 16-year-old daughter handed me the picture she wants TV reports to use if ever she happens to get kidnapped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 219
You deserved it 1 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"It got 110 likes on Facebook so, this is the one you need to use"

Comments

bobsanction 18

At least she's thinking ahead. Gotta give her points for that one.

Well you do live in Europe with the immigrants

What imaginary immigrant-free country do you live in? North Korea?

So how can your logic explain the following (assuming by immigrants you mean the recent refugees): one of the most prominent kidnapping cases here in Germany during the last year was a German-born white guy who kidnapped and killed two little boys, one of them being a refugee child who had just recently arrived in this country. To the contrary, I haven't heard of a refugee kidnapping a child. In general, criminal statistics have shown that the recent refugees are very unlikely to commit crimes.

In America it is mostly Mexican cartels that kidnap white kids for ransom. My friend almost had her kids kidnapped recently. They we're playing in the front yard and she had a feeling you should check on them. When she went out there she saw some people trying to get them into their car. When she went out there they drove off but she saw the car back a couple days later. She called the police but she didn't get the license plate. It used to be mostly in the border states where things like this would happen but now it's spreading to the whole United states. I guess that whole open borders thing isn't working out very well. I know it's not officially open but in reality it's open.

Also do they. even show you pictures of the people on the news who get charged with crimes? I thought that in Europe they stopped doing that but maybe that's just the uk. I think it was something like they wanted to stop racism against minorities so they stopped reporting descriptions of criminals. Sounds kind of racist to me to assume that all criminals are going to be minorities.

Cool beans! She's being proactive & planning ahead, so if it happens, it'll be one less thing off your plate. On the flip side, it's extremely sad that she feels she has to worry about such things.

And here I thought I was morbid for thinking if ever I'm found dead, my body will be identifiable because I had a molar extracted a few years ago. To be fair, i was touring the Crime and Punishment Museum in DC at the time. Hopefully that won't happen to her, though.

Just in case cause you never know.. I think your daughter has a healthy common sense, no need for negative thinking, you probably will end up using the picture for something else OP so no worries :)

We've all seen Taken, OP lives in France...just precautionary measures as far as I'm concerned lol

I think shes being proactive, she wants an accurate picture in case they need to find her

This kid is going places... against her will... but still going places.

omg I want to laugh but I feel so terrible for wanting to laugh at this joke.

That's good thinking in case of an emergency...but a little too thought out.