It's a doggy dog world

By Patrick - 14/10/2012 04:39 - United States - Sulphur

Today, I brought my new puppy home. I saw her sniffing around, so I took her outside to do her business. She simply played in the grass for ten minutes, so I brought her in. She walked in the door, squatted, and shit. She has diarrhea. This is the fourth time today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 675
You deserved it 4 079

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just stay outside with your dog, sounds much cleaner.

When my Corgi was a puppy, I'd stay outside with him until he did his business. Walking them rather than just letting them play tends to get it done quicker. After the fourth time though, you deserved it.

Comments

wlddog 14

Listen to the Wlddog. Put the puppy in a crate and feed them canned pumpkin until everything clears up. Thats the thing with puppies. They are a lot like babies. You gotta expect them to shit themselves from time to time. Stick their nose in the mess RIGHT AWAY, because if you wait very lon they tend to not understand why they are being punished. Lets review. 1. Change food to canned pumpkin until no longer sick. 2. Keep them contained. Don let them run around loose. 3. Punish RIGHT AWAY or dont punish at all.

leonardo_cserny 0

Wow you need to learn a lot more about dogs :)

Inediblepeaches 15

If you have carpet, that's a *real* FYL...

oh_drat 8

My puppy did the same thing. It turns out he had tapeworms (I noticed when I went to clean up after him). Crate training helped me a lot, but we also took him out very often when he was new to our house. We stayed out for longer periods of time with him then, but now he knows better and it only takes a minute or two. It could also be stress from moving to a new home upsetting his tummy :) Just make sure he has plenty of water during the day to compensate for loss because of his diarrhea. Also, we invested in a carpet cleaning vacuum (don't know if that's the name for it) which was a lifesaver. And we tied a bell to our backdoor because we couldn't install a doggy door, and he learned pretty quickly that if he rings it we'll let him out. Good luck and take a lot of pictures of your new puppy! You won't realize how quickly he'll grow up :)

If she did it three times in the house before, she probably thinks that's where she's suppose to do it. She's a puppy-- she'll learn soon enough. Make sure you train her properly.

Oh my God, what are you, an idiot? Take the little shit machine outside and STAY outside with her until she has finished ******** her brains out. You're taking her inside before she's crapped then are stumped when she craps the carpet. If you don't want to stay out with her for hours on end, too bad. That's what you signed on for when you got a puppy.

Also, that is NOT how you treat puppies. Imagine being cooped up all day, then having your own nosed rubbed in your own excrement. Canned pumpkin would make things much worse.

Quest_ 13

YDI for using incorrect past tense for 'shit'

countrygirl626 16

Definitely know the feeling. When we got my dog when I was 5, my dad would have to get up at 2 am to run him outside. Once, he even covered the inside of his kennel with diarrhea. We got better at running him outside when he needed to go, and he eventually learned that he was supposed to go outside.

Keep her outside until she goes. Not difficult, moron.