How did you manage that?

By Anonymous - 10/04/2009 14:35 - United States

Today, I was driving my car like any ordinary day. My dad had been harping on me about not checking the oil, so I finally checked it. Driving down the road my hood flew up and shattered my windshield. I forgot to latch my hood after checking the oil. $300 for a new windshield. The oil was fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 305
You deserved it 62 733

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that along with a driving test, a "Simple car care 101" test has to be taken too in order to have a licence. If you can't take care of your car you shouldnt have one !

I don't think this is fake. Not everyone's car act's the same way.

Comments

ladedum 0

atleast the glass from your windshield didn't shatter everywhere and shears were sent spearing you in the face.... be thankful for that, no? :)

SSC_fml 0

Wellllllllll maybe you shouldn't have forgotten, but that stinks :D Oh well.

Wow that sucks. As for the people calling this fake... try this little experiment. Drive down the highway at whatever rate of speed. Put your hand out of the window so it's like the wing of an airplane. Notice how easy it 'cuts' through the wind? Now turn your hand 90 degrees. What happens to your hand? It has a tendency to move backwards from the wind pushing against it. Now multiply the surface area of your hand to that of the hood. You honestly think with that kind of force the hood wouldn't snap back and hit the windshield? It's held in place usually with 4 bolts on 2 half-inch to inch thick hinges. Plus shattered doesn't mean all the way broken. Windshields can shatter or break or crack or whatever. The visual was that the hood slammed into the windshield and effectively destroyed the glass to the point you probably couldn't see through it while driving. And as for #26 you must not drive at all or if you do please tell me your make and model of your car so when I see it overheated on the shoulder of the road I can point and laugh. You need to check oil levels, antifreeze levels, power steering etc before you drive. It's kind of in the DMV handbook so when you get pulled over for a light out you can't say you didn't see it. They try to word it so that you must be sure of the car before u drive.

Sounds like something straight out of Tommy Boy.

I've seen it happen. It's funny. Windshields are tempered glass, they're designed not to shatter and send glass in your face.

It sounds like you're trying to throw the blame onto your dad. Well, don't. It's YOUR fault for not latching the hood, YDI.

warpedtourgurl 0