How did you manage that?

By Anonymous - 10/04/2009 14:35 - United States

Today, I was driving my car like any ordinary day. My dad had been harping on me about not checking the oil, so I finally checked it. Driving down the road my hood flew up and shattered my windshield. I forgot to latch my hood after checking the oil. $300 for a new windshield. The oil was fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 305
You deserved it 62 733

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that along with a driving test, a "Simple car care 101" test has to be taken too in order to have a licence. If you can't take care of your car you shouldnt have one !

I don't think this is fake. Not everyone's car act's the same way.

Comments

#20 - I agree and disagree. I don't do as I was taught and check all lights and blinkers to make sure they work before driving away, however I am very conscience. How it feels, if the wheel is pulling from disalignment, sounds etc. Maybe if he wasn't lowriding in his seat so far, he'd have been able to see the hood.

#19, this has happened to a friend and I going about 60 because the hood wasn't closed all the way. The hood was smashed directly against the windshield in an audi a4.

gah thats frustrating. sorry about that :(

it all depends on how the hood stays up, if it's supported with that latch or if it's spring tension. this happened to my truck after leaving a gas station in arizona to california. mine has springs at the corners. popped the hood up past the lock latch to air the engine....needless to say i forgot i did that after cleaning the windows, putting gas and buying energy drinks. wasn't even past the on-ramp completely when THWAP! no broken window, but two small dents where the springs bolt to the hood. it's all part of learning how to drive.

#4 is right, it even shakes while driving around town. YDI. Just wish it did more damage :D

chiaro 0

your dad is an idiot. you shouldn't listen to your parents all the time. they don't know what goes on in your life.

Seabeast1000 4

No you should check your oil, because if you run out of oil, or if it gets to old your engine will lock up! Then you either need a new engine, or you need to rebuild that engine. Trust me I have rebuilt an engine because some idiot ran it out of oil.

hawtieeex3 0
PaperxHearts_xox 0

Oooh, that sucks. Better luck next time? xD

enzhuyeah 0

not possible. you can't shatter a windshield, there's a layer of plastic sandwiched in between two sheets of glass.

shayansh 0