How did you manage that?

By Anonymous - 10/04/2009 14:35 - United States

Today, I was driving my car like any ordinary day. My dad had been harping on me about not checking the oil, so I finally checked it. Driving down the road my hood flew up and shattered my windshield. I forgot to latch my hood after checking the oil. $300 for a new windshield. The oil was fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 305
You deserved it 62 733

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that along with a driving test, a "Simple car care 101" test has to be taken too in order to have a licence. If you can't take care of your car you shouldnt have one !

I don't think this is fake. Not everyone's car act's the same way.

Comments

queenj 0

that mental image is hilarious. But I still feel bad for you.

Yeah, I know he mentioned he forgot to latch it.. I guess I thought he meant shut all the way, i.e. flush to fenders. Well, now it's a good reason to get rid of your death trap of a car. If the latch doesn't hold (the secondary saftey one).

Owned24_7 0

haha i wasnt sure if anyone else caught the Tommy Boy Refference...Fail

Inspired22 11

Whoops...that sucks. Everyone makes mistakes. Too bad yours had to have such huge consequences! Ouch. :-(

This could def be real.. Riding in a friends car the hood smashed up into the windshield in a similar situation. Had to get the windshield replaced.

synnerr 0

Bahahahahaha. That's funny.

Did you leave the oil can under the hood, then hit a deer later on that same day?

first, i've forgotten to completely close down a hood all the way before second, unless you were driving 150 MPH, i doubt the hood flew up and completely broke the hinges in order to hit your windshield next time, just close it all the way :)

I think that along with a driving test, a "Simple car care 101" test has to be taken too in order to have a licence. If you can't take care of your car you shouldnt have one !