Honest mistake

By Luke - 19/03/2013 09:59 - United States - Liverpool

Today, my department found out that we're getting a new supervisor for the third time this month. I joked about how we're like "the foster kid nobody wants." One of my coworkers burst into tears and ran off. I later found out that she had been a foster child and never once had a stable home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 506
You deserved it 30 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps it's because her ENTIRE childhood was terrible because she had no parents, no home, no one to give her love and support... You think maybe that's why?

Well, both FYL and YDI. You had no way of knowing that, but shouldn't say things like that around people you don't know well.

Comments

Way to go you insensitive buffoon!! I guess if you learned one thing it's that getting her out of the room isn't hard..

Well she ruined your little negative nancy moment didn't she?

dee_89 7

Being in foster care is not that bad as pple make it sound .

dee_89 7

Btw congrats on your weeding ! And dont let your past ruin your future

3rdbass 9

Well, looks like the Force isn't strong with this Luke.

Just remember that all "red headed stepchild" jokes are out at the company Christmas party.

She cute? Theres ur in!! If not well you were not talking about her so... Maybe miss sensitive should go back under the stairs.

DasHaas 9

This is where you go and apologise and tell her you didn't know, and all will be well in the end. The only thing worse than hearing something like that, is the person than avoiding you because it's awkward instead of just coming over to say sorry and I didn't mean it like that.

I agree, except about telling her all will be well. OP can't promise that, and she's had all too much experience with things not turning out well.

Now make sure not to mention getting "beat like a red-headed step child" to any gingers working there! :P