Hold still!

By toothache - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. There was a cyst behind one of them, and the dentist decided to extract it - except the Novocaine didn't reach that far back. I raised my hand like they said to do, and the dentist looked at me writing in pain and said, "No, you're fine." FML
I agree, your life sucks 76 772
You deserved it 3 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You survived to write about it, you're fine. But seriously, you should have socked him in the face.

Liveanotherday 0

Comments

life_is_a_hooker 0

Sue him!! that's ridiculous! I'm getting mine taken out this friday... :o(

Report them to the dental board, and understand that it's like anything else, you're paying them. You can tell them to stop, demand that they get you help, etc. NEVER put up with a bad doctor, or bad dentist because it isn't just pain you're risking, it's your life.

jennaleighhh 0

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled they knocked me out. I woke up and they were gone and I was doped up on meds. Guess I had it easy.

I had to go to an oral surgeon to get mine removed. Hurt like fckin' hell within ten minutes of leaving the place. It's hard to get sht taken out of your face that's, you know, generally rooted in cuz it thinks it's going to stay there. I had all four at once. The pain is bad, but percocet is pretty good for painkiller or Vicadin. The sist, however, wasn't what you went in for. You definitely have lawsuit material there. That is malpractice to keep operating where it's not numb. That's like going in to get your appendix removed and they just cut you open to yank the little bastard out.

_Elizabeth_ 0

I despise going to the dentist. And you should have socked him afterward, because if you knocked him out during, it would have been even more painful with no one there to tend to you. Sue the ******' guy.

damn. You should have continued waving your hand and making noise until he stopped because that's just not right. What a stupid bastard. I agree that you should sue for malpractice. It's not his job to tell you what you do or don't feel.

English class usually leaves me writing in pain too... oh wait. You were at the dentist's? And you were writing? That dentist is very weird, indeed! I kid, I kid. But seriously, sue. That is ridiculous of him. I agree that you should have punched him or grabbed his nose or poked his eye or something, lol.

just looking at all the dental instruments makes my blood run cold. ugh i feel bad for u