Hobbies and Interests

By Hireme - 08/07/2018 01:30

Today, after being unemployed for the last year, I finally got an interview. When they asked me my favorite pastime, I panicked and said, "Dancing with my cat." I guess I won’t be hearing from them anytime soon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 562
You deserved it 1 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I dont know, personally I would call you back for a follow up.

"Oh what a feelin', when I'm dancin' with my feline!" Yeah, I can see why your worried. Doesn't even rhyme.

Comments

"Oh what a feelin', when I'm dancin' with my feline!" Yeah, I can see why your worried. Doesn't even rhyme.

MamaChey 24

Okay, BurninDemonFire, I LITERALLY lol when I read your response. This wouldn’t have been a bad thing except I was swallowing a mouthful of Perrier water, which promptly came spraying out my nostrils leading to a) the carbonation burns & b) hubby’s quizzical look prompted me to sing the song - he DID NOT find it as amusing as I did (his sense of humor obviously isn’t as refined as mine). FML

TomBran84 2

bahahaha no kidding right 😂😂

I deeply regret my actions. I would love to make it up to you, but I'm afraid that, between work, posting juvenile comments and jokes on this site, and dancing with my cat, I just don't have the time. I hope you can accept my apologies.

I dont know, personally I would call you back for a follow up.

Zambady 11

I would hire you on the spot and create a dancing cat club

MamaChey 24

that's funny. But I shouldn't think that would stop you getting the job, they'd look at the whole interview

Did you do your best Billy Idol sneer and belt out: Dancin’ with my ca-at, Dancin’ with my ca-at, When there’s nothing to lose And there’s nothing to prove, I’ll be dancing with my cat? If so, you skip entry level and go straight to the C-suite!

julfunky 29

don’t think it makes much difference. It was obviously an honest answer that might seem weird but it doesn’t make you look bad. An honest answer that seems weird is better than an obvious lie to make you appear to be a good worker.

"Dancing with my cat. Dancing with my cat. It was going well until he scratched me like hell. Oh, dancing with my cat."

You sound like you have a good sense of humor.

That’s incorrect. The correct answer is “dancing with your dog.” And the perfect dog dancing song is “Walk of Life” by Dire Straits. Period. Case closed. Use that on your next interview.

Honestly, what you do in your past time shouldn’t impact your chances of getting a job. Now if you said “commit cold-blooded murder”, then I’d have second thoughts about it.