He studied the blade

By Anonymous - 28/06/2023 23:02 - United Kingdom

Today, my 9 year-old managed to break the padlock on my display cabinet, take out my entire sword collection, run to the garden making lightsaber noises, and bash them on trees and a stone wall. They are ruined. One of them has a crack that has damn near snapped it in two. I want to weep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 854
You deserved it 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What kind of pathetic padlock could a 9 year old break? Even if they had bolt cutters I doubt they could get through a cheap one.

When he gets older, get a lightsaber and challenge him to a dual. Make Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader reality as payback.

Comments

When he gets older, get a lightsaber and challenge him to a dual. Make Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader reality as payback.

at least he's not hurt, I trashed plenty of my dad's things too. sorry that's how it goes sometimes

What kind of pathetic padlock could a 9 year old break? Even if they had bolt cutters I doubt they could get through a cheap one.

The point is not the maybe flimsy padlock but that a nine year old is old enough to know a lock means he isn’t meant to touch things. And going for total ruination is also nowhere near ‘but daddy, I wanted to play’

If you would have gotten him a light saber before this would never have happened.

YDI for getting a cheap padlock in a pathetic attempt to keep deadly weapons away from your child. You're damn lucky one of those swords didn't cut your kid in two. Why aren't you weeping about that?

hey man that sucks, but why was a 9 yo left unsupervised long enough to accomplish that?

Maybe you might reconsider how you raise your child. Maybe.

What kind of lock can a 9-year-old break? And why was he not taught that something locked means to stay out of it? Or maybe he was and he's one of those kids that doesn't do what he's told. But the biggest question - are these real swords? The fact that they're locked up implies so. You're lucky the kid didn't get hurt handling those weapons. Jesus...