Gutted

By babysitter93 - 22/07/2009 12:17 - United States

Today, I was fired from the babysitting job I've had for 2 years. I thought maybe the mother had found out that I sometimes let her kids stay up late and have extra sweets. The real reason, as she told me, was that she didn't want her kids loving anyone more than they love her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 979
You deserved it 3 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chiodosluvr 0

wow no wonder why her kids love you more... lol.

Sucks that you lose your job because she's a bitchy mother. FYL.

Comments

Take it as a compliment. The way I see it, 'tis simply a testament to your skill as a babysitter that the mother feels you are doing her job better than she is. Chin up OP, the fact remains that you are probably an excellent babysitter, and thus should have little problem finding another nice family.

woww sh must be a reallly insecure mother then, you were just doing you're job really well

That happened to me last week the mom was a real bitch and she fired me cause her daughter rather have me as a mom then that bitch who layed me off

Disturbed209932 0

My mother did that to me in six grade i got so attacted that we hung out even when she didnt have work...my mom fired her for the same exact reason...but the funny thing is i love a perfect stranger more than i do her. i told her i loved my friend more than her and she slaped me. turns out four years later when i wanted to hang out with her again, my mother put a restraining order against her....my moms a physco

carmencalamity 0

You know, I don't blame the mother. Mothers can get like that, i mean if you had children wouldn't you just be a bit jealous or maybe even fearful of the fact that your children prefer the babysitter over the women who gave birth to them?

i don't know whether to feel more bad for you or her....

curryndricegirll 0

Why does everyone think the mother is a bitch? If your kid told you that that loved someone else more than you wouldn't you be a little hurt? Or take it the other way around, what if your mother said that she loved some other kid more than you? She's not a bad mother! We all live in this economy...the mother probably has to work all the time to feed her kids, and feels guilty about getting a babysitter instead of spending time with her children. Now, the children like her more and she feels like she's being replaced as a mother! She's not a bad mother...she just has to work. Oh, and the babysitter is pretty much like the fun parent that lets them do what they can't do when their mother is there. The babysitter can sit for someone else, but a mother can't be replaced. Btw...it's not the end of the OP's life, like everyone has taken this out to be, I honestly doubt she babysits for a living. Btw, jealousy is not a psychological disorder.

dude that sux i bet u were a bomb babysitter

As much as that does suck, she was being a responsible mother. You need to realize that she is their mother and as selfish as that sounds they need to see her as such and not feel that they go to you over her if something happens. Hopefully she will do the right thing and stop getting babysitters all the time and actually spend time with her kids.

Aww poor kids they will probably miss yu! Same thing with me but they have 3 kids and always want to leave and never get to go out so they like that they love me soo much! And really the kids are only gonna love the babysiiter more if there mom is a bittcchhh.