Fleeing the scene

By Winxy - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, my three-year-old nephew chose to jump out of a window and break his arm rather than be babysat by me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 098
You deserved it 4 532

Top comments

How the did three year old manage that? I'm 20 and I still can't figure out how to open a damned window.

I hate to break it to you OP, but he probably doesn't like you.

Comments

How the did three year old manage that? I'm 20 and I still can't figure out how to open a damned window.

That is not some thing you should admit to.

When you are 3 years old and believe you can fly to freedom bad enough, you can figure that shit out.

haha seriously, kids are so useful! i always have the kids opening jars and cans for me, and they are 5-7 year old :P :D

Right? It's usually I can figure out how the latch works, but then it's rusted shut/poorly constructed/just more badass than I am and I can't get it open. I suck. D:

I fell out of a window when I was 3. Windows are not hard to open

I hate to break it to you OP, but he probably doesn't like you.

leogachi 15

I think the nephew's broken arm was enough of a hint.

You really have to admire his dedication to avoiding OP.

ZombieVampirez 24

Maybe it was for attention or to get you in trouble

What the ****? How intelligent are children now a days that they can consciously decide, at the age of THREE, that the solution to not wanting to be babysat by someone is to throw themselves out a window and break a limb? I'm impressed but good god how horrid are you? You may be a good person but clearly he doesn't think so.

Chances were the child didn't calculate in advance the damage that he would take in the fall; he just wanted to get away from OP...

No... those little buggers know EXACTLY what they're doing when they pull shit like this. OP might never babysit this kamikaze skydiver ever again.

leogachi 15
AnOriginalName 19

And you let him out of your sight long enough for him to get to a window, open it, climb onto the sill, and jump out? Toddlers are just like cats and puppies. When you let them out of your sight, they're guaranteed to get themselves into trouble.

Unless her nephew did it shortly after learning that he would be babysat by her (and not necessarily during the actual babysitting). Or when the parents were greeting OP and about to leave, thus giving him a small "window" of time to try and escape. But if it was during her watch, then yeah, she was being neglectful. I know several kids who tried to escape/impress their babysitter by jumping down a flight of small stairs/cliff and those babysitters were always vigilant enough to stop them.

*Watches three year old nephew throw himself out the window. Picks up phone* "So, turns out I'm free tonight...."

SauceySarah 30

Ooh that's a blow to the ego.