First impressions

By medik - 23/02/2010 12:51 - United States

Today, I went over to my girlfriend's parents house for dinner. This was the first time I was meeting them, so I bought a $70 bottle of red wine to try and impress them. I tried to be smooth while popping the cork. I did, but the bottle slipped and red wine poured onto their white carpet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 963
You deserved it 8 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kel_x 0

It cost you $70 to prove to your girlfriend's parents that you're a wanker. FYL.

Comments

Ademus 0

This is where Billy Mays would pop up with a bottle of Oxi-Clean...if only he was still here...*sniff* R.I.P Billy *runs away sobbing*

Babushka_Homyak 10

heehee win. OP if you're invited over another time, bring some carpet cleaner.

camsham86 0

You can't "pop" the cork on red wine. You "pop" the cork on champagne.

I think the OP was going for pull the cork, unless of course your used to a nice screw top vintage, MD20/20 perhaps?

If you don't do it correctly, uncorking wine will result in a popping sound, which is what he was referring to, I'm assuming. If you know how to open wine properly, it won't do that. It also won't spill all over the carpet... Oh, and btw, there are a lot of nice wines that now have a screw-top (it's actually referred to as a stelvin closure).

lloydmonster 1

just bang her mom while you're at it and they are less likely to remember the wine **** up.

Miss_SD 0

ummm speechless... old enough to buy wine but dumb enough to **** up opening it. guess that's not speechless but whatever.

beer01 0

Hire a carpet cleaner or do it yourself if you know how. they'd appreciate that rather than just leaving it at that.

I've discovered that doing something right will manage the impression rather than vice versa. After all, the Huns didn't march onto Roman land hoping to make a good "First Impression".

YDI for dating a girl whose parents have white carpet

thedivinecomeD 0

those products on commercials are like made for that same situation. if I only had a dollar I heard someone say, "oh no, looks like someone spilled wine on this carpet. Not a problem with (insert product name here)!!!!!