Final Destination

By pickuptruckblues - 17/11/2014 04:17 - Canada - Mississauga

Today, I was stopped behind a pickup truck filled with junk. I told my friend that the person should have secured the junk better, since it looked like it would fall off any minute. My friend assured me it wouldn't. Right after she said that, a large piece of plywood fell off and hit my windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 843
You deserved it 3 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I always go (safely) around people with trailers or truck beds full of stuff and I never get close enough to be hit by anything that flies out of the back. My grandpa works in construction and always secures his tools and plywood, etc securely, but there are so many people who clearly don't.

Comments

Since you seem to be able to predict the future, tell me what tonight's winning lottery numbers are going to be. I'll split it with you 50-50. Promise.

The joys of tailgating. Sorry about your bad luck OP. I always give extra space for trucks like that, a 6 to 8 second gap at least. The pickup truck driver should pay for your damages at least, drivig with that unsecured cargo and all.

Did you read the part where it said OP was stopped?

So I skipped over the part about them being stop, sue me. Just change 6 to 8 seconds for 20 to 30 feet. The point was that you should leave space between you and the car in front of you. How close to that pickup truck do you think OP was in order for the plywood to hit the windshield and not just the hood?

tony1891 22

don't you hate it when another persons junk hits your windshield?

darlingdollie 24

Hope you're ok, op. You must be to be writing this fml. Be thankful for that at least! :)

grindzilla 4

Hopefully you got all the insurance info or at least the plate number from the truck. The driver of the truck is 100% liable for the damages, and can be charged under the Highway Traffic Act.

Pretty sure the rule says safely secured for transit not staying still

Did they pull over and apologize? I mean it is Canada...eh?

tony1891 22

Whatcha talking aboot Willis?